Faragon vs. National Pharmacy Tech Association Certification

Started by baronzb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

baronzb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been researching the different compounding/IV/Chemo CE-Cert courses run by the various non-profit associations in hopes of building my resume as I look for my first post-grad gig. PCCA is about 2.5-3k dollars; Medisco is 3k, depending on the course.

Fagron is much cheaper at 1.5k/course. However, the National Pharmacy Tech Association (NPTA) is accredited by ACPE for training pharm techs and pharmacists in compounding/IV/Chemo courses for only 1.5k for all three. I would obviously like to go for all three courses; however, the "pharm tech" in the NPTA is scaring me. What kind of decline in value would it be for a pharmacist that gothis certification/CE from NPTA as opposed to a straight pharmacist organization. If forced to do Fagron or PCCA, I will likely just do one course due to the expense.

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
I've been researching the different compounding/IV/Chemo CE-Cert courses run by the various non-profit associations in hopes of building my resume as I look for my first post-grad gig. PCCA is about 2.5-3k dollars; Medisco is 3k, depending on the course.

Fagron is much cheaper at 1.5k/course. However, the National Pharmacy Tech Association (NPTA) is accredited by ACPE for training pharm techs and pharmacists in compounding/IV/Chemo courses for only 1.5k for all three. I would obviously like to go for all three courses; however, the "pharm tech" in the NPTA is scaring me. What kind of decline in value would it be for a pharmacist that gothis certification/CE from NPTA as opposed to a straight pharmacist organization. If forced to do Fagron or PCCA, I will likely just do one course due to the expense.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about differences between these 3 certifying groups. I don't think being certified by the NPTA would be negative though, there are lots of CE's/certifications that are for more than just pharmacists, some will be certified for nurses & pharmacists, some pharmacists & doctors. It's the ACPE that is important, not the group that is profiting/paying for the actual course.
 
I've been researching the different compounding/IV/Chemo CE-Cert courses run by the various non-profit associations in hopes of building my resume as I look for my first post-grad gig. PCCA is about 2.5-3k dollars; Medisco is 3k, depending on the course.

Fagron is much cheaper at 1.5k/course. However, the National Pharmacy Tech Association (NPTA) is accredited by ACPE for training pharm techs and pharmacists in compounding/IV/Chemo courses for only 1.5k for all three. I would obviously like to go for all three courses; however, the "pharm tech" in the NPTA is scaring me. What kind of decline in value would it be for a pharmacist that gothis certification/CE from NPTA as opposed to a straight pharmacist organization. If forced to do Fagron or PCCA, I will likely just do one course due to the expense.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about differences between these 3 certifying groups. I don't think being certified by the NPTA would be negative though, there are lots of CE's/certifications that are for more than just pharmacists, some will be certified for nurses & pharmacists, some pharmacists & doctors. It's the ACPE that is important, not the group that is profiting/paying for the actual course.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some people say PCCA is the 'gold standard,' there is quite amount of gold involved in the prices, lol.
 
NPTA offers a certificate. How does that differ from state certification? Is there such a thing?