faux pas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

triathlete411

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so I am having a bit of a panic attack this morning. I cancelled an interview three weeks ago via email that was scheduled for today. However, this morning I got a call from the program wanting to know where I was and claiming not to have received the email. I would never just not show up for an interview. Am I going to be blacklisted now? What can I do to make reparations?
 
do you by any chance save copies of your emails?

u can forward that...otherwise, tell them the name and email you sent it to and on which date...
 
Yes, I forwarded the email and spoke with the addressee on the phone this am. She was mad!!! I am trying not to dwell on it. I guess I have learned my lesson and will only cancel via phone.
 
I think it is safe to cancel via e-mail. I have cancelled all my interviews via e-mail, but ask them to respond when they receive it and make sure to send another e-mail if you don't get a response within 2 days.