Fave neuropsych tests!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serotonin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nerd alert-- OR IS IT PASSION?!

Fave neuropsych tests:

to administer: the D-KEFS Verbal Fluency Test (aka the FAS)- I LOVE writing super fast!

to see the results: the CVLT. So many insights! (although I dislike administering it cuz I have to read the same thing over SO many times).

Members don't see this ad.

L.I.P. test. It is pretty cutting edge....though some may think it is a bit unconventional. ;)

av-212.gif

:laugh:

-t

Members don't see this ad :)
How about the CANTAB? I use a pretty nifty shifting task from it and would like to explore its affect oriented subtests. And don't forget the most important neuropsych instruments: a conversation with a patient, imaginative play with a kid, or a school room observation.

nerd alert-- OR IS IT PASSION?!

Fave neuropsych tests:

to administer: the D-KEFS Verbal Fluency Test (aka the FAS)- I LOVE writing super fast!

to see the results: the CVLT. So many insights! (although I dislike administering it cuz I have to read the same thing over SO many times).

I agree the CVLT.
The CFT also gives a lot of bang for the buck (visuoconstructional, memory, executive). Love FAS, hate the D-KEFS version.

I'm gunna have to go with the RCFT (i.e. "the Rey")

You can get a crapload of info in a relatively short amount of time (both process and content)

This thread is 1/2 joke, but really I like the the CTMT, and the bender II

Rey yes, unless you are scoring style/etc. What is the Bender II like? Is it like a VMI? I've heard others who really like it, but the first Bender is so loathed by neuropsychologists that I think people are afraid of the new one.

Wisconsin Card Sorting--but only if you administer it by hand.

I really like Trail Making Test too, including the Colored Trails alternative.

Pound for Pound...I'd still say the Clock Drawing Test, quick, easy to score and gets the demented ones every time!!

I don't prefer the MMSE at all, this type of micro screen can go wrong for a variety of conditions including MH conditions, if I wanted mental status, I'd do the Cognistat. I'm not saying the Clock is a good stand alone measure, but when given in free and copy format (CLOX) it is pretty sensitive to DAT, VD, FTD and acute presentations like acohol/toxic/metab deleriums. And, it's free.

So, bang for you buck....for time and money this is the best (IMO)

I meant the standardized version, not the 1 sheeters drug companies hand out. I like the clock too, but don't do alot of that kind of work.

Has anyone started to use the Saint Louis Univeristy Mental Status Exam (SLUMS) instead of the MMSE? I was just curious as to how they compare.