Quantcast

Fave neuropsych tests!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serotonin

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
nerd alert-- OR IS IT PASSION?!

Fave neuropsych tests:

to administer: the D-KEFS Verbal Fluency Test (aka the FAS)- I LOVE writing super fast!

to see the results: the CVLT. So many insights! (although I dislike administering it cuz I have to read the same thing over SO many times).

Therapist4Chnge

Neuropsych Ninja
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
L.I.P. test. It is pretty cutting edge....though some may think it is a bit unconventional. ;)

av-212.gif

:laugh:

-t

NeuroPsyStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How about the CANTAB? I use a pretty nifty shifting task from it and would like to explore its affect oriented subtests. And don't forget the most important neuropsych instruments: a conversation with a patient, imaginative play with a kid, or a school room observation.

Dr.JT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
nerd alert-- OR IS IT PASSION?!

Fave neuropsych tests:

to administer: the D-KEFS Verbal Fluency Test (aka the FAS)- I LOVE writing super fast!

to see the results: the CVLT. So many insights! (although I dislike administering it cuz I have to read the same thing over SO many times).

I agree the CVLT.
The CFT also gives a lot of bang for the buck (visuoconstructional, memory, executive). Love FAS, hate the D-KEFS version.

Logic Prevails

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm gunna have to go with the RCFT (i.e. "the Rey")

You can get a crapload of info in a relatively short amount of time (both process and content)

This thread is 1/2 joke, but really I like the the CTMT, and the bender II

NeuroPsyStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rey yes, unless you are scoring style/etc. What is the Bender II like? Is it like a VMI? I've heard others who really like it, but the first Bender is so loathed by neuropsychologists that I think people are afraid of the new one.

Flutterbyu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wisconsin Card Sorting--but only if you administer it by hand.

I really like Trail Making Test too, including the Colored Trails alternative.

Neuro-Dr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pound for Pound...I'd still say the Clock Drawing Test, quick, easy to score and gets the demented ones every time!!

Neuro-Dr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't prefer the MMSE at all, this type of micro screen can go wrong for a variety of conditions including MH conditions, if I wanted mental status, I'd do the Cognistat. I'm not saying the Clock is a good stand alone measure, but when given in free and copy format (CLOX) it is pretty sensitive to DAT, VD, FTD and acute presentations like acohol/toxic/metab deleriums. And, it's free.

So, bang for you buck....for time and money this is the best (IMO)

I meant the standardized version, not the 1 sheeters drug companies hand out. I like the clock too, but don't do alot of that kind of work.

merideen

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone started to use the Saint Louis Univeristy Mental Status Exam (SLUMS) instead of the MMSE? I was just curious as to how they compare.