Step I Favorite/Most useful question sources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ophthoseidon

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Obviously most people are a fan of the big 3 qbanks (Kaplan, Rx, UWorld), but what are some of your other favorites and why?
 
USMLERx -- Best way to review FA but is too straightforward.
Kaplan -- Makes you think and therefore helps to work your brain but tests minutia.
UW -- Has almost everything you need for the test/ great explanations but makes you paranoid enough to second guess yourself on the test.
 
USMLERx -- Best way to review FA but is too straightforward.
Kaplan -- Makes you think and therefore helps to work your brain but tests minutia.
UW -- Has almost everything you need for the test/ great explanations but makes you paranoid enough to second guess yourself on the test.
Thank you! That is helpful. I should have made myself clearer in the prompt though. Are there any other question sources BESIDES these qbanks that are worthwhile? For instance, I know Phloston said he did like 17,500 questions. These 3 put together are probably around 7,000. What else is good?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! That is helpful. I should have made myself clearer in the prompt though. Are there any other question sources BESIDES these qbanks that are worthwhile? For instance, I know Phloston said he did like 17,500 questions. These 3 put together are probably around 7,000. What else is good?
There are Robbins and various other QBooks and QBanks like listed and polled here
Also various books like BRS series/Kaplan have questions at the end of a chapter.
The new kid on the block is Becker QBank which is largely untested.
 
I know a lot of people that went to Texas for the Becker course and hated it (They also promised Dr. Goljan and then when the students got there he wasn't there). I don't know how well their Qbank is though so that you'll have to find out for yourself. As for the other resources I didn't like Robbins questions. I liked BRS and their questions as well as their books (Highly recommended).
 
I know a lot of people that went to Texas for the Becker course and hated it (They also promised Dr. Goljan and then when the students got there he wasn't there). I don't know how well their Qbank is though so that you'll have to find out for yourself. As for the other resources I didn't like Robbins questions. I liked BRS and their questions as well as their books (Highly recommended).

I liked robbins questions throughout the school year for classes. A little too-in-depth for board but gives you a solid understanding of the material.