Favorite/Most useful question sources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ophthoseidon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Obviously most people are a fan of the big 3 qbanks (Kaplan, Rx, UWorld), but what are some of your other favorites and why?

Members don't see this ad.

USMLERx -- Best way to review FA but is too straightforward.
Kaplan -- Makes you think and therefore helps to work your brain but tests minutia.
UW -- Has almost everything you need for the test/ great explanations but makes you paranoid enough to second guess yourself on the test.

Reactions: 1 user
USMLERx -- Best way to review FA but is too straightforward.
Kaplan -- Makes you think and therefore helps to work your brain but tests minutia.
UW -- Has almost everything you need for the test/ great explanations but makes you paranoid enough to second guess yourself on the test.
Thank you! That is helpful. I should have made myself clearer in the prompt though. Are there any other question sources BESIDES these qbanks that are worthwhile? For instance, I know Phloston said he did like 17,500 questions. These 3 put together are probably around 7,000. What else is good?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! That is helpful. I should have made myself clearer in the prompt though. Are there any other question sources BESIDES these qbanks that are worthwhile? For instance, I know Phloston said he did like 17,500 questions. These 3 put together are probably around 7,000. What else is good?
There are Robbins and various other QBooks and QBanks like listed and polled here
Also various books like BRS series/Kaplan have questions at the end of a chapter.
The new kid on the block is Becker QBank which is largely untested.

I know a lot of people that went to Texas for the Becker course and hated it (They also promised Dr. Goljan and then when the students got there he wasn't there). I don't know how well their Qbank is though so that you'll have to find out for yourself. As for the other resources I didn't like Robbins questions. I liked BRS and their questions as well as their books (Highly recommended).

I know a lot of people that went to Texas for the Becker course and hated it (They also promised Dr. Goljan and then when the students got there he wasn't there). I don't know how well their Qbank is though so that you'll have to find out for yourself. As for the other resources I didn't like Robbins questions. I liked BRS and their questions as well as their books (Highly recommended).

I liked robbins questions throughout the school year for classes. A little too-in-depth for board but gives you a solid understanding of the material.