FDA APPE Rotation 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A1rxa

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Pharmily.
Just wondering if anyone has heard back from FDA Preceptors yet for the APPE rotation? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the call offering me a rotation in the Office of Clinical Pharmacology. I'll be there the end of October through beginning of Dec. They still have to send out official letter though.

Hope to hear from everyone else soon!

From one coast to the other, I'll be there March-April 2018. I'm going to need to find a couch to sleep on and a shower to rinse in! If anybody is in the same boat let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those who got the rotation! I still have yet to hear back. The wait is killing me :(

From one coast to the other, I'll be there March-April 2018. I'm going to need to find a couch to sleep on and a shower to rinse in! If anybody is in the same boat let me know.

Ask your future preceptor if they know of any options. I ended up staying with a woman who worked for the FDA who rented rooms in her house out to students. That was several years ago though so idk if she still does it but your preceptor should have some good leads.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I received an email from my campus' coordinator this morning (MCPHS Boston), I didn't get a rotation. Alas...

Is it weird that my APPE coordinator and I still have not heard back from the FDA?

I would think you should know one way or the other by now. When first applying, my rotation coordinator said we should hear back late February at the latest... The FDA closed their selection process in late January I believe and I heard back early February.

There's a lot less people this year replying to this post. If you're to be reading this, would you happen to know if anyone started a FB group for the 2017-18 rotation students?

There's a lot less people this year replying to this post. If you're to be reading this, would you happen to know if anyone started a FB group for the 2017-18 rotation students?

I might be a little late, but there is a FDA FB page. Log into Facebook | Facebook

I will also be there from through the end of october to the beginning of December!

I just got the call offering me a rotation in the Office of Clinical Pharmacology. I'll be there the end of October through beginning of Dec. They still have to send out official letter though.

Hope to hear from everyone else soon!

Hi, I'm currently applying and would love It if you can help out with some tips for the CV and letter of intent. Did you have a contact at the FDA or did you just apply through your school?

My old FDA preceptor showed me how they choose people. It was not a very structured process with committees and deadlines. The potential preceptors could just scan through the apps and pick who they liked whenever they had time.

Reactions: 1 user
My old FDA preceptor showed me how they choose people. It was not a very structured process with committees and deadlines. The potential preceptors could just scan through the apps and pick who they liked whenever they had time.
This is accurate. They do look at your essays closely though *if they think you are a possible fit*

Reactions: 1 user