FDA approves digital pill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wagrxm2000

Walgreens enthusiast. Called the peak in Bitcoin.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Funny how the article focuses on antipsychotics (although huge compliance issue, see CATIE) but I would have thought application to chronic opioid and BZD use would be the much more center stage as a means to control diversion/selling Rx on the streets.

Edit: Ok, abuse too, the obvious...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
This is great but the physicians need approval from the patient to access the data so it's basically worthless.

Agreed about opioids.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is great but the physicians need approval from the patient to access the data so it's basically worthless.

Agreed about opioids.
Or a court order, like Antabuse is the only reason I see this being prescribed unless the patient is severely cognitively impaired and the prescribers still want to do this despite the obvious safety contraindication .

Reactions: 1 users
Funny how the article focuses on antipsychotics (although huge compliance issue, see CATIE) but I would have thought application to chronic opioid and BZD use would be the much more center stage as a means to control diversion/selling Rx on the streets.

I'd love to see the look on a Pain Mgmt doc's face when he gets 3 alerts for the Oxycontin 80mg and 17 alerts for the MS IR 30mg for break through pain on the "Earliest Fill Date"

I feel like they have to take a "How to Remain Blissfully Ignorant" CE every month