Feb 14 WSU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocOB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else interviewing at WSU with me on St. Valentines Day? I'm pretty pumped and it does me good to chat about it. Does anybody know if they have many spots left to deal out?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else interviewing at WSU with me on St. Valentines Day? I'm pretty pumped and it does me good to chat about it. Does anybody know if they have many spots left to deal out?

Do you mean Wright State University or Wayne State University?
I'm going to assume the latter, since you're from Michigan.

They do indeed have spots left, because of their non-rolling admissions, but there are some caveats to that. They say they have 6 decision dates (once a month, not including early decision) and they fill roughly 1/6 of the class at each date. I interviewed in January, and I was subsequently put on the waitlist. But it's not that the waitlist means they're out of spots, either. The waitlist moves every month, along with the new applicants. (At least that's what I was told - to check in every month to see if I've made it off the list.)

And they invite in-staters to interview by MCAT score. I hear they're right at about 28-29 for February. Does that accurately reflect you?

Good luck on your interview, and rest assured that there are still class spots available at Wayne.

I'm interviewing the day after you, on the 15th. I am sooo nervous because I really want it to go well- luckily, I hear interviews at Wayne are pretty chill. Good luck to you! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish you well. I've heard the same about their interviews so I'm trying to relax about it. I was just nervous because they can go up to 75 minutes, but I've heard that it's mainly because they want to talk about most of the stuff on your application. I feel good about that because I could probably speak for days about each experience. Anyway, good luck.

Out of the seven interviews I had, Wayne State was by far the most chill. I really didn't even have to think. It was like talking to someone I knew, no surprises, no tricks, just a conversation. Good luck!

I have one semester of weird grades, so I'm a little worried they might grill me on it...hopefully not!

I'm interviewing the day after you, on the 15th. I am sooo nervous because I really want it to go well- luckily, I hear interviews at Wayne are pretty chill. Good luck to you! :luck:

Be careful of this, though. I, too, read on SDN that the Wayne interviews are very relaxed and casual. I think I had this mindset a little too much when I went into it. Not that I was under-prepared, but I think I was a little too casual in my responses, and attempted to be too humorous.