February 9th - WATERLOO INTERVIEW - Whose in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OATeater

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once more unto the breach dear friends.

Whose getting their worth determined with me?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be there on Feb 8th (Friday).

Did you apply to any American schools? I also have in interview at Pacific in January but the high cost of the school is making Waterloo look like the better option.

I guess we will see in Febuary!

I'll be there Feb 8th too.. ahh.

Where else did you apply canadianoptgirl?

Members don't see this ad :)
me too for Feb 8th...how are you guys preparing?

Hey guys! Whose in the morning / whose in the afternoon? I'm in the afternoon.

I'm not sure how to prepare! I was about to ask you the same thing.

Im considering stupid things like asking my girlfriend to ask me questions. But its hard because..well..we end up gossipng I guess.

hey,
mine's at 1:30. so much more scared for this one cuz of what i'm hearing about waterloo....

hey everyone,
My interview is at 9:30 on February 16th.
When I prepared for my interview at Pacific earlier this year, I had a mock interview with my schools Career and placement services. It helped so much and I think I will have another before the Waterloo interview. If that is available to anyone else for preparation I recommend looking into it!.

I'm there on Feb 8th. My interviews at 9am.

Anyone else around then?

How is everyone prepping for this anywyas?

Am I the only frakin nooner?

Afternoon delight!

Man I'm scared.

And also: Hahaha we're all asking each other how to prep.

Blind leading the blind.

So theres no one takign it in the afternoon with me??

Man my tour is giogn to be lame hahah

i think your's will be before mine...my interview time is for 1:30 pm...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yupp mines at 1:00 on Feb 8 too!.. And they told me Id be done the day by 430 ish. Where you guys all from? Ive been to a few interviews with the States schools alreadfy.. but I'm thinking this is going to be a tough one!.. ahh

How did the interviews go for you guys/girls last week? Do you know if you were you the last group to be interviewed at UW for 2008 entry? I did my interview in January, and now the long wait for the results!

(PS. anyone have an idea how many they interviewed this year?... they were tight lipped about it when I asked)

Everyone that I talked to said the interview was good. Very general. We were about 20 ppl and no we were not the last ones. I think they said that the interviews will go on for another week or so in ON and then they will start from the west and go east interviewing people. The results will be out in the 3rd week of April (cuz of the snow day).

How did the interviews go for you guys/girls last week? Do you know if you were you the last group to be interviewed at UW for 2008 entry? I did my interview in January, and now the long wait for the results!

(PS. anyone have an idea how many they interviewed this year?... they were tight lipped about it when I asked)

April is so far away! Of course, I choose the week of midterms to start freaking out about whether I'm going to get in or not I had my interview in January and they said that they inteviewed about 20 a day for about 5 sessions. Which only comes to about 100 students (I'm liking the odds :D)

But I'm wondering is how many people are they interviewing in the other provinces? Is it close to 20 or 80 students??

I'm not sure exactly,
but all the applicants I knew of from Calgary all went to their interview in Waterloo. At my session, there were also a few from sask., so I really don't think they'll be interviewing TOO many people around Canada. I'd have to guess under 15 per province.

haha well...here's what my mom tells me (she's one of those nosy ones who comes to interviews and asks an insane number of questions...)

Apparently a prof told her that 130 applicants were being interviewed at Waterloo (total), and ONLY 15 external applicants were being interviewed from all other provinces.

Grand Total of only 145 people.

Why so few people from out of province? That doesnt make sense: they have no preferential treatement for Ontario vs NONtario residents (haha see what I did there? Awesome.)

During my interview I asked directly but got no information.

Please continue theorizing though! Its very ... calming.

it's not that there isn't many non-ontario residents interviewed in total, it's that most of them actually went to waterloo (like me). So because so many decided to actually go and see the school, there are few left to interview in their respective provinces.

No no I understand that entirely but I don't think that people's .... sense of curiosity....will allow the to disregard their bank balance. I think most people would stay in their home province to be interviewed.

Maybe someone out-of-province can weigh in here?

I personally know 3 people who are interviewing out of province, and I have a hard time believing that I know 1/5th of all external interviewees.

I know at least 8 people in my interview session were from Sask, AB or BC, so that seems like a lot to me. The reason so many decide to go out to waterloo is that it may look better that we were willing to leave home to go and see campus, it's really more political than curiosity, showing that we would be there in a heartbeat if given the chance. Yes you have to fork out the money, but for something as big as an interview deciding my career, it's worth it.

No no I understand that entirely but I don't think that people's .... sense of curiosity....will allow the to disregard their bank balance. I think most people would stay in their home province to be interviewed.

Maybe someone out-of-province can weigh in here?

I personally know 3 people who are interviewing out of province, and I have a hard time believing that I know 1/5th of all external interviewees.

I have interviewed twice in-province. I am taking the opportunity they are offering to see the campus. I also know 3 people from my University alone who are interviewing. Two are traveling, one is not. I also find it hard to believe that 15 out-of-province people are being interviewed total. That would not be correct, in my opinion.

During my first interview, I saw a list with at least 20 names on it for that single day. I know Waterloo has changed their admissions process, but I'm sure they aren't interviewing that little from outside Ontario.

Actually for my interview there was only one other person FROM ONTARIO...everyone else was out of province. I heard a lot of people from out of province decided to come to waterloo for their interview because they wanted to see the place first hand and lots of people didnt like the timing of out of the province interviews (midterms,etc).

I won't disagree that there are probably alot who would like to AND can afford it AND can spare the time AND are worried staying in their home province wouldn't look good...

But I'm also sure that there are those who DON'T want to go to Waterloo and CAN'T afford it or CAN'T spare the time, regardless of how good it will make them look.

Look, someone just call and ask dagnab it!

I don't know which students (resident/nonresident) were interviewed but I was told today at my interview that 140-145 people were interviewed and that today was the last day.
They meet to decided in the last week march and letters are sent the second week of april

in my interview time there were 18 people. but lets underestimate that...

say 13 people were interviewed per session, 2 a day, times 5 weeks. This equals 130 people.... so doesn't my approximation of 15 total people being interviewed away from Waterloo make sense?

Oo 2nd or 3rd week of april seems so far away!.. :eek:

I went for my interview on Feb8.. and I believe they said aorund 160 are interviewed total..? And in my opinion.. I think they would be interviewing a lot more than 15 applicants from outside provinces.
Has any1 here chosen a states school that they plan on attending if waterloo doesn`t work out?