Quantcast

federal loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hammoudeh71

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hey guys

Does anyone know whether a conditional permanent resident/cr1 2-years green card holder is eligible for federal loans?

charlie55

Reaction score
hi guys, i wanna ask as an american citizen is it guaranty to get federal loan if i get accepted at a dental school and what they ask for when applying to the federal loan , is there any chance to get rejected??? thank u:confused:

dora123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think the most important criteria here is a good credit history...for private loans--the better you have the better interest rate you will get. Maybe you need the same criteria for federal loans...not sure....why dont you call up a few colleges and ask?

Last edited:

ilovegoldens

Reaction score
I was under my conditional greencard when I applied..No problems..
Federal loans are not complicated to get. As long as you are eligible ( citizen/ permanent resident) you will be fine.
They ask for your w2 and seems like even if you don't have those because you haven't been in the country long enough there is a way to solve that.
I don't think they make a big deal about credit history, not sure. It is not nearly as important as for a private loan, but I assume they should check it too...

hammoudeh71

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the info, its a relief! but the thing is that currently i am not in the country yet, and if i get acceptance, by the time i apply for a federal loan, i wud have been in the country for about 5 or 6 months (workin ask a dental assistant i suppose), is that long enough to build credit history?

wadent

Reaction score
gooooood luk ya hammoudeh71 (alla yiwaf2ak) !

hammoudeh71

Reaction score
Thanks alot my friend.. good luck back at u :biglove: (allah yiwafi2na jamee3an)

wadent

Reaction score
akeed amen ya rab..
good luck bro..
take care

ilovegoldens

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the info, its a relief! but the thing is that currently i am not in the country yet, and if i get acceptance, by the time i apply for a federal loan, i wud have been in the country for about 5 or 6 months (workin ask a dental assistant i suppose), is that long enough to build credit history?

Nope, I don't think so. Not sure... It takes a little time to build credit history. Best way: apply for a credit card ( pick one that doesnt require you to have credit history). I got one from Bank of America.
Then start using it and make sure not to spend more than your limit and to pay it in time. I dont think it will be a big deal tho, dont worry.
Also you can apply for store cards, such as victoria secret, macys, bloomingdales, etc Use them and pay on time.
When you less expect you will have a credit history and a good score.

hammoudeh71

Reaction score
Nope, I don't think so. Not sure... It takes a little time to build credit history. Best way: apply for a credit card ( pick one that doesnt require you to have credit history). I got one from Bank of America.
Then start using it and make sure not to spend more than your limit and to pay it in time. I dont think it will be a big deal tho, dont worry.
Also you can apply for store cards, such as victoria secret, macys, bloomingdales, etc Use them and pay on time.
When you less expect you will have a credit history and a good score.

Thanks a lot for the info, that was really helpful