Fee Assistance Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artist27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got approved for the program but it looks like only 1 school is covered now? I was under the impression it was 3.
Anyways I have two schools selected and it says total fees: $240. Is that the cost of the one school that isn't covered?

Members don't see this ad.

I got approved for the program but it looks like only 1 school is covered now? I was under the impression it was 3.
Anyways I have two schools selected and it says total fees: $240. Is that the cost of the one school that isn't covered?
I don't remember exactly how it worked, but it should cover the cost for 3. I think once you hit submit it won't actually ask you for payment and will automatically apply the waiver. I'm trying to remember from a year ago.

I don't remember exactly how it worked, but it should cover the cost for 3. I think once you hit submit it won't actually ask you for payment and will automatically apply the waiver. I'm trying to remember from a year ago.
I think they changed it. It only covers one program and the additional ones are $45 each. Kinda sucks, but I checked on their website and it says it only covers the cost of one school ($195 value)

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone curious/interested, from their FAP website

"These waivers cover the initial application fee for one school designation. If an applicant receives a fee waiver and wishes to apply to more than one school, they are still responsible for the additional fees of $45 per program."

Yes FAP for AACOMAS only covers the first school ($195). The biggest money saver is secondaries though because most schools will wave the secondary fee if you email them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using SDN mobile

Does anyone know when they changed it? And how long did you take to be approved? I waited until my application was ready but now it seems like its taking forever to be approved, worth it for the secondaries tho!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Does anyone know when they changed it? And how long did you take to be approved? I waited until my application was ready but now it seems like its taking forever to be approved, worth it for the secondaries tho!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
I'm pretty sure they changed it this year. Mine was approved in 4 business days.