Fee to get into pharmacy school!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowpharmD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone want to share how much you had to pay to get into pharmacy school (application, school fee, flight ticket, hotel...ect) (I know it will depend on how many school you apply). I, myself, just applied for one school and got accepted. I spent almost 2000$ already.

Members don't see this ad.

I spent roughly $700 for everything, but I only applied for one school. That includes the primary and supplemental fees, flight and hotel to the interview as well

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmCAS application fee for five schools
Supplemental fees for four of those five schools (thank you Buffalo for not having an extra fee)
Airfare and hotel for the interview I can't drive to
Gas and tolls for the three other interviews I have scheduled/completed so far
Transcript request fees (I have six transcripts)
PCAT registration fees (took it twice)
Interview suit
Initial deposit and background check/drug screening fees for my first acceptance

I'm definitely gonna end up having spent around $2500

I spent like 200 on the PCAT, 200 on pharmcas and 50$ for the one school I applied to and got accepted to. Once AI got in it was $2000 to hold my spot.

Does anyone want to share how much you had to pay to get into pharmacy school (application, school fee, flight ticket, hotel...ect) (I know it will depend on how many school you apply). I, myself, just applied for one school and got accepted. I spent almost 2000$ already.

You guys have done a pretty good job detailing different fees that pharmacy schools will nickel and dime you with. However there is another set of fees i would like to shed light on. This is when you are accepted to a school. When you are accepted you will typically have to put some money down immediately. Say 200-1000 bucks. Then a few months later you will have to put down even more money. It gets tricky because say your 5th line school accepts you and asks for a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. But you don't know if you accepted to your top 4 school yet. Do you pay it? yes. but there is a good chance it will be a complete waste when yoru number one school gets back to you and then you have to pay their downpayment.

You guys have done a pretty good job detailing different fees that pharmacy schools will nickel and dime you with. However there is another set of fees i would like to shed light on. This is when you are accepted to a school. When you are accepted you will typically have to put some money down immediately. Say 200-1000 bucks. Then a few months later you will have to put down even more money. It gets tricky because say your 5th line school accepts you and asks for a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. But you don't know if you accepted to your top 4 school yet. Do you pay it? yes. but there is a good chance it will be a complete waste when yoru number one school gets back to you and then you have to pay their downpayment.

Actually, a lot of schools now participate in the AACP's Cooperative Admissions Guidelines, where the maximum initial deposit they can require is $200, and you can hold multiple acceptances until March 1. Then, you have to rescind your seat at all but your top choice, and that's when you'll have to pay the remainder of the deposit.

If you go to the each school's PharmCAS page, you can see if they participate in this or not.

Yes, you'll still have to pay some non-refundable deposits, but it looks like the AACP and many schools are actually trying to not completely screw us applicants over.