Feedback after receiving a rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spinfire06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been a thread here yet but here it goes. Is it common for DPT programs to give feedback as to why you were rejected from the program, if you inquire? Let me know if anyone has had any experiences with this. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure that if you contact the right people and inquire about your rejection that they will tell you why and what you need to improve.

I didn't get a rejection, but I think that I remember reading that someone said when they got an email/letter it said it was due to "___________"; don't know if this is the norm or not.

I'm interested to hear others' responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I unfortunately have a lot of experience with this. I applied last year to 6 schools and wasn't accepted anywhere. I ended up called every school and spoke with someone in admissions about what I needed to improve for this year. Every school was more than happy to review my application with me and tell me areas for possible improvement. A few of the schools asked that I wait to contact them until late summer because they were so busy with interviews and things of that nature. Anyway, it was a big help to see why I wasn't accepted and where I needed to improve. Don't hesitate to give them a call!

Most schools would be more than willing to go over your application with you and I think you should definitely inquire about your application because it shows that you are determined and looking to improve yourself as a candidate.

Typically the rejection letter will mention a vague list of things you may not have completed. The letter I received requested that I wait until April I think, to inquire. However, I was a bit pushy, and was able to get to the bottom of the issue (ended up being something PTCAS screwed up, go figure). I wouldn't recommend doing that however, unless you think you might still have a chance of getting in if they correct the issue.

Typically the rejection letter will mention a vague list of things you may not have completed. The letter I received requested that I wait until April I think, to inquire. However, I was a bit pushy, and was able to get to the bottom of the issue (ended up being something PTCAS screwed up, go figure). I wouldn't recommend doing that however, unless you think you might still have a chance of getting in if they correct the issue.
I would totally CC that to PTCAS.