feedback from BI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tombradystheman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody get any unsolicited feedback from Beth Israel in Boston? Feel free to PM if you would rather not publicly post.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No I never heard back from them. I get a feeling they don't like HMS students, which is a shame. They don't rank us because they THINK we won't rank them. They are my #2.

No I never heard back from them. I get a feeling they don't like HMS students, which is a shame. They don't rank us because they THINK we won't rank them. They are my #2.

What about BWH? Dis people hear from them? I know some people got ranked to match emails from MGH but I don't know of any from BWH.

Members don't see this ad :)

Not true -- from speaking with my interviewers at BIDMC they are quite interested in getting more HMS students there. I got emails but likely because I spent a good chunk of time there as a 3rd year and know several faculty well.

What about BWH? Dis people hear from them? I know some people got ranked to match emails from MGH but I don't know of any from BWH.

Phone call from BWH, also know someone who received an email.

Yeah, I get that feeling too... (Apologies to Officespace.)

I did a 4 week sub-I at BIDMC and I can confirm that feelings aren't the warmest for HMS kids. The residents refer to some of their colleagues as "typical 'Preparation H.'"

Apparently, the Medicine Clerkship at BIDMC will be offering some kind of "Welcome to the Rotation" picnic to reaffirm that they actually want HMS students to rotate there. When I asked why HMS students don't feel welcome, one of the residents said, "probably because it's true."

Take it for what it's worth. (Personally, I'm not a hater.) :)

Wow, this is so incredibly false I don't know where to start. BIDMC is having a huge recruiting campaign to get HMS students to come to their program. It was actually so extensive that it scared me off a little and I ended up ranking them third.

I got four emails after their ranking session and two phone calls.

BIDMC recruits HMSers more aggressively than the BWH and MGH. I've received multiple emails from them.

Most BI residents don't care if students are from HMS or other schools. The residents whom I've worked with had always made me feel extremely welcome.

i think people need to chill out about the emails/phone calls. if you got one great. :) if you didnt, you can still match. several people at each matched without any pc or emails. anyways, it's out of your hands now. sit back and enjoy 4th year.

bill