MD & DO Feedback from medical students on legal services

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MdCompCare

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a healthcare attorney who specializes in physician compensation. Long and short, I help hospital systems design new compensation models for all specialities.

I have considered offering a free service to fellows coming out of school that helps them evaluate different compensation offers and also helps ensure they sign the best contract possible. I would get paid from the hospital for finding the right doctor but my real interest in building long term relationships with physicians.

What do you think? Is this a service that you would be interested in? Would it hold value for you or is it merely a distraction.

I appreciate any feedback you could give.

MDCompCare.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am a healthcare attorney who specializes in physician compensation. Long and short, I help hospital systems design new compensation models for all specialities.

I have considered offering a free service to fellows coming out of school that helps them evaluate different compensation offers and also helps ensure they sign the best contract possible. I would get paid from the hospital for finding the right doctor but my real interest in building long term relationships with physicians.

What do you think? Is this a service that you would be interested in? Would it hold value for you or is it merely a distraction.

I appreciate any feedback you could give.

MDCompCare.

Thank you for your post! Here's my question. How will you plan to reconcil the interest of health care system (pay physician as little as possible and derive most amount of productivity) with the interest of the physician (get paid as much as possible while maintaining resemblence of a normal lifestyle)?

Or is the compensation really is when physicians get a less than optimal deal? And your service isn't free?

It's probably better if you either specialize for hospitals OR applicants/physicians but not both.

Reactions: 1 user