Feedback on aamc scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ecap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am taking the MCAT on July 31st. I am quite nervous! :)
Ive been preparing through, of course, rigorous note review. Predominantly, however, Ive been preparing through the aamc exams. I wanted to post some of my scores, and ask any knowledgeable members how they may correlate, if at all, with actual MCAT performance.

AAMC #3 - (P11, V10, B10) 31
AAMC #4 - (P12, V10, B12) 34
AAMC #5 - (P12, V13, B11) 36
AAMC #6 - (P11, V10, B10) 31
AAMC #8 - (P15, V10, B9) 34
AAMC #9 - (P14, V12, B10) 36
AAMC #10 - (P12, V9, B11) 32

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Evan

Members don't see this ad.

Those look really good. I was averaging a 35 (AAMC 10 killed me too), and I got a 40 on the real deal. You obviously know your stuff. Go in with confidence and you should do awesome. :luck:

Those look really good. I was averaging a 35 (AAMC 10 killed me too), and I got a 40 on the real deal. You obviously know your stuff. Go in with confidence and you should do awesome. :luck:

Thank you for your kind words. I'm actually sort of excited for the actual test. Glad to hear it went so well for you.

sigh. i wish my scores looked like that. at least maybe i have you beat on gpa, which unfortunately doesn't matter nearly as much. wish i could give up .3 on my gpa for 3 extra points on my mcat score.

i'll be writing on the 31st as well. good luck my friend.

Are you doing anything to prepare, or are you just relaxing the last couple days before the exam?
Good luck to you as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am taking the MCAT on July 31st. I am quite nervous! :)
Ive been preparing through, of course, rigorous note review. Predominantly, however, Ive been preparing through the aamc exams. I wanted to post some of my scores, and ask any knowledgeable members how they may correlate, if at all, with actual MCAT performance.

AAMC #3 - (P11, V10, B10) 31
AAMC #4 - (P12, V10, B12) 34
AAMC #5 - (P12, V13, B11) 36
AAMC #6 - (P11, V10, B10) 31
AAMC #8 - (P15, V10, B9) 34
AAMC #9 - (P14, V12, B10) 36
AAMC #10 - (P12, V9, B11) 32

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Evan

Hah I got the exact same breakdown for AAMC #3 as you did. Hopefully the rest of my scores look as good as yours do.

You're good to go. Just get plenty of rest from now till exam day to optimize your ability to concentrate. That's key.

Who knows, you might even surprise yourself. I was optimistic going into the test because I had already taken it before, but I knew that my aamc scores were borderline...

AAMC #3 - (P9, V13, B10) 32
AAMC #4 - (P9, V12, B10) 31
AAMC #5 - (P10, V11, B10) 31
AAMC #6 - (P10, V12, B11) 33
AAMC #8 - (P12, V11, B9) 32
AAMC #9 - (P10, V12, B10) 32

Looked like I was a dead-on lock for a 31 or 32, right?
Actual scores (from 6/18/09 test): P11, V12, B12 , WS O = 35O
The main two things that the practice tests do for you is to get your timing down, and to minimize the intimidation factor of the actual test. Just go there knowing that you know your stuff and you'll do great!

hey, may i ask what went different (or if it was just pure fate :)) on the real deal that got you a 40, compared to the practice tests?

I'm averaging a 38 on the aamc and would love to break the 40 barrier. I'm convinced I need a high score given my young age... (i'm applying now, as a rising sophomore)

hey, may i ask what went different (or if it was just pure fate :)) on the real deal that got you a 40, compared to the practice tests?

I'm averaging a 38 on the aamc and would love to break the 40 barrier. I'm convinced I need a high score given my young age... (i'm applying now, as a rising sophomore)

The style of the test was different. On the real deal, I felt that you didn't need to *know* as much, rather than you needed to be able to deduce stuff from passages. BS had been killing me on the practice tests, but i ended up with a 15 on the real thing because I could figure out what was going on in the passages.

Also, I didn't take the practice tests all that seriously. But I know the feel of the test was different and I'm definitely stronger at figuring things out than just blindly memorizing facts.

The style of the test was different. On the real deal, I felt that you didn't need to *know* as much, rather than you needed to be able to deduce stuff from passages. BS had been killing me on the practice tests, but i ended up with a 15 on the real thing because I could figure out what was going on in the passages.

Also, I didn't take the practice tests all that seriously. But I know the feel of the test was different and I'm definitely stronger at figuring things out than just blindly memorizing facts.

Okay, thanks :)

I know you've probably heard this too many times, but congrats on your 40! You won't have any trouble getting into the school of your choice!

Very encouraging about the improvements from practice AAMCs to the real thing. I've been getting between 36-38 on the practice AAMC's so far (I've done 3-7 inclusive), and I'd love to get a 38-40 on the real thing. You've given me some hope!