Feedback on DAT studying..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RUpremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I've started to tackle PAT questions by going through the Kaplan blue book. The only things that are slowing me down are the keyhole and top-front end questions. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to master these questions? I've seriously tried everything..(that includes looking at the "wicked PAT tutorial forum".)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Practice using Crack DAT PAT, using Kaplan is a recipe for disaster IMO. Problems there are simply tooo easy.

Don't worry too much about it if you've just started it. It takes some time and practice, before you get a hold of it. Practice, practice, practice until you can see these objects in 3D space and you become capable of rotating them in your imagination.

Good Luck!:thumbup:

well i'm going to be a junior so idk how much time i'll have :(

and is kaplan really that bad for PAT?

i mean..i'd like to use the crack PAT, but it is on the expensive side..

Members don't see this ad :)
well i'm going to be a junior so idk how much time i'll have :(

and is kaplan really that bad for PAT?

i mean..i'd like to use the crack PAT, but it is on the expensive side..

KAPLAN is a great way to start familiarizing yourself with PAT, but the real thing is much more challenging than what KAPLAN offers. You don't necessarily have to purchase CDP. I'm sure there are books out there that can provide you with additional sample questions. The only good thing about CDP is that since it's a computer software you'll start getting used to looking at angles and stuff on a computer screen. But I agree, the software is a bit expensive. Oh well! look at it as an investement. Trust me, you will be spending MUCH more when you get into dental school, so you might as well get comfortable with the idea of maxing out those credit cards.

I don't think kaplan is bad at all,

I got a 23 with on the real dat using nothing but kaplan's online question bank. (That's more expensive then crack dat pat tho)

The only thing that sucked was the angle ranking.

I don't think kaplan is bad at all,

I got a 23 with on the real dat using nothing but kaplan's online question bank. (That's more expensive then crack dat pat tho)

The only thing that sucked was the angle ranking.

So angle ranking for kaplan is too easy? I thought so.

So angle ranking for kaplan is too easy? I thought so.

kaplans angle ranking were a joke. I was getting 15/15 on all the practice kaplan angles.

WAY too easy.

but everything else was spot on,

I did over 300 PAT questions via the kaplan online question bank.

The actual exam actually isn't as "clear" as the practice exams I saw. There were fuzzy lines all over the place.