Feedback on programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dpayne

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had any insights or impressions on some of the programs I am currently scheduled to interview at or have interviewed at:

Wash U, St. Louis U, Univ of MO-Columbia, Albert Einstein-Beth Israel, Albert Einstein-Hillside/LIJ, Mt. Sinai-Cabrini.

Thanks

DCP

Members don't see this ad.

Dpayne said:
Wondering if anyone had any insights or impressions on some of the programs I am currently scheduled to interview at or have interviewed at:

Wash U, St. Louis U, Univ of MO-Columbia, Albert Einstein-Beth Israel, Albert Einstein-Hillside/LIJ, Mt. Sinai-Cabrini.

Thanks

DCP

i visited wash u. and really liked the people and the environment. everyone is super-friendly, and the chair of the department is just about the coolest guy i expect to meet on the interview circuit! the hospital is outrageously nice. having said that, i should tell you that although they will go out of their way to tell you otherwise, this is a VERY biological program that heavily emphasizes research. they don't provide much formal teaching on the therapies - you can seek out some psychodynamic training, for example, by choosing a supervisor with experience in that modality. but they are certainly not going to spoon feed you much as far as psychotherapy goes...

THanks, thats kind of the impression I got as well.