Feedback would be appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OmarH3H3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll be submitting my applications to PT Schools in Texas later this month. Was just wondering if I could get some feedback on my chances. Here they are:

University: University of Texas at Arlington
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.96-4.0 (Last 60: 4.0)
GRE: Haven't taken yet, but Verb: 149 and Quant 148 on practice exams.

Extra-Curric: Board member of my schools pre-pt club, active member of the kinesiology student club, have volunteered in numerous boys and girls club/food bank/nursing home events, have worked during all my undergrad career (25+ hr/wk), volunteered at a gym for paraplegics.

Observation Hours: 1,000+ (Outpatient ortho as tech), 250+ (acute care pt tech), 50 hrs (inpatient rehab/sub-acute), 50 hrs (pediatric outpatient)

LOR: 2x PTs that I work with daily and 1 Professor.

- I will apply to UTSW, TWU, UNT, UTSA, Angelo State, and Texas Tech.
- I feel as though my GRE score may be the weakest part of my application (if I don't improve within the next week, when I'm scheduled to take the exam). I know a couple people who got into competitive schools like TWU and Tech with low GREs, also not passing the 300 mark.
- Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Overall looks pretty good, but try to get the GRE above 300 total. A lot of schools have minimum cutoffs, which for many schools is 300. If you don't meet the cutoff they might not even look at your application. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I scored 11 points higher on the actual GRE than the practice exam, so keep your head up and do your best!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have a very solid application if you get that GRE score up above 300.

You have a very solid application if you get that GRE score up above 300.
Probably closer to "you can go anywhere you apply" if that happens