Feel good after Step2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LemonLime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did everyone taking Step2 come out of that exam with confidence? I just took my Step2 exam and did not feel very good coming out of the exam- esp after checking some of the answers when I got home.
I was just wondering if everyone who did well on Step2 came out of that exam knowing they did well on it.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Did everyone taking Step2 come out of that exam with confidence? I just took my Step2 exam and did not feel very good coming out of the exam- esp after checking some of the answers when I got home.
I was just wondering if everyone who did well on Step2 came out of that exam knowing they did well on it.
Thanks

Well I took it today. Maybe it's just b/c I did all of the UW questions and those questions are pretty hard, but the majority of the questions on todays exam were really easy and straightforward. Maybe too easy. Kinda makes you wonder if they were really trick questions. There weren't really any questions that I had no clue about but usually those that feel like they did bad on the exam wind up doing good and those who thought they did well do opposite. We'll just have to wait and see. :scared:

What's worse than a shelf exam? Only the eight-hour-long shelf exam they call Step 2. I just took it today and feel like soaking in a tub for a couple of hours. I don't care about the score, just hope I passed so I don't have to take it again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry...thought I had probably just pulled off around a 200--ended up with a 230--up from a 212 for me on step 1 so I was thrilled. I think the actual exam is so darn long it is just tough to be accurate about how you did.

I took step 2 yesterday and thought I did terribly. So I feel you're pain. I hope it works out though- I can't imagine taking it again. Try not to worry too much!

I felt like crap after taking Step 2, worse than after Step I. Like I should have studied more or something. Didn't like a lot of the answer choice sets for the questions; wasn't like what I experienced in third year in some ways.

Wound up scoring higher on Step II, getting 260+. I think people in general do score higher on Step II, sometimes substantially so.

I took the exam not too long ago. Likewise with some of the previous posters, I didn't feel good coming out of the exam. By the end of the exam, I thought I had glaucoma because my eyes were hurting and felt hard as a rock. I am praying that my step 2 score is better than step 1 and showed that I learned something during my third and fourth year. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I definitely walked out of the exam feeling like there was a good chance that i failed, especially because I started recalling all the questions i got wrong...I just got my score and did much much better than I expected. I am convinced you actually have to get a lot more wrong than the published 60-70% score required for passing on the NBME website.

Everyone I talked to who took step II last year felt the same way and they all passed, and of course, at the time they told me I still thought I would be the exception to the rule by failing.

Thus I would just do anything you can to keep your mind off the exam results (including avoiding this thread until after you get your passing scroe back!).

Good luck!