Feel like a dumb dumb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charcoales

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When does the incompetence feeling go away just graduated...

Members don't see this ad.

What do you feel dumb about? Drugs, insurance, computer system?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

get tips from ppl who are good at what they do....... and avoid ppl who talk down on you, b/c they are a waste of your time and won't give u any help.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The vast majority of what you use on a day to day basis - is NOT taught in pharmacy school. I have been out of school 10+ years and probably 95% of what I use on a day to day basis are things I learned on the job. So, what I am saying, keep working at it, things eventually will come for the vast majority of people.

Reactions: 1 users
School should have given you a solid baseline to understand the language of what we do, but it'll take years to master it. Of course, it's always changing so you will always been learning something new. It's normal to feel overwhelmed so don't freak out, just try to keep improving yourself until you find some solid ground.

80% of pharmacy and practical knowledge I learned outside of academia.

Mostly the computer system for Walg (i should've teched instead of doing those lame clinical clubs during school sigh)

You'll get the hang of it. Get a notebook and right everything down. After a month or less in a high volume store you will be a pro. I was new, and my supervisor way of training was to throw you into the busiest store immediately...it worked, but stressful. Also, rely on your senior techs for tip. Wags system is one of the best compared to other major retail chains. Imagine doing this on DOS, which I did long time ago as in intern at CVS.