feel like i dont remember most stuff!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swtiepie711

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to vent, but I just wanted to see what pp experience - I have yet to really start step 1 studying (planning to take it in may) but I did get my review books and in flipping through them feel like I don't remember anything! And I've heard pp say "just memorize XYZ source" but then I think there's no way I can memorize, for example, FA and recall at the drop of the hat. Is it more about reviewing so when hit with a question you are triggered to remember stuff? Do pp find they remember more than they think? Just have fear that I really have forgotten everything and don't have time in 5 mos to relearn med school! Thx for letting me vent and for sharing your thoughts. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the usmlerx website and you can purchase flashcards for first aid for about $40 I think. That way you can study through repetition which works well for me. Hope this helps

Real learning involves active recall. Until you've reviewed the material and done questions, your not gonna realize what is and is not important. When you realize something is important, you will remember it.

Members don't see this ad :)