Feel like I failed comlex-PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anxietyfreak

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why do you feel you failed? If you need additional prep, buy OMG OMT and make sure you know the techniques to use when the patient *cough cough* hints at OMM. If you master that part it can make a big difference in your encounter because you're likely to leave a favorable impression with the patient actor when you correctly explain the technique, why it's indicated, and all that jazz. Human psychology my friend... we remember the beginning & end of things :)

Most come out thinking they failed. Some do, vast majority don't. Nothing you can do now except convince yourself that you probably didn't. The alternative is to convince yourself that you did, but that's probably not the best thing to do..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for some down-to-earth insight, so please give honest opinions as I'm not trying to get any false hope. On my PE, I failed to put any OMT assessment in the objective portion, I did all the techniques for the cases and then solely put in the plan the OMT that I chose. In hindsight, I can't believe I did this, and it has me rather worried...thoughts? I feel like other aspects were decent; except my plans were scant but I made sure to have at least 4 things in the plan for every case (note: I feel like I didn't put labs for a lot of the cases).

I keep reading that everyone feels terrible about this exam, but I never thought I would feel this paranoid. There are so many other things that I keep playing over in my head that have me concerned but I think the OMT issue is the biggest thing...thoughts?

Hey all,
Just wanted to post back saying I did pass!!! I felt AWFUL walking out of the exam, and even worse when I started remembering **** I forgot to do/say later on as the weeks passed by. It is true what they say-be nice, follow the CODIERSSMASHFM mnemonic and follow the format listed in Kauffman's book for the note and you're solid. And to the poster above, i'm not sure I mean as long as you state the problem (what I did was if there was a MSK complaint, I'd write: MSK: Right shoulder-limited ROM etc) I think that counts even if you don't strictly write OMT assessment. Either way, theres a TON of stuff I forgot to do or say. Heck I even think i forgot to do OMM on one case i think. If I could get through this so could all of you. Also your differentials don't need to be right! I'm sure for 2-3 cases I totally missed the differential but if you're in the right track, and explain your reasoning, you're fine. Good luck to all still waiting, you got this!

Reactions: 2 users