Feel like I failed it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azzarah

sleepy!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently took step 1 and feel like I failed. Gosh what a terrible feeling after all that hard work! I was doing so well on Qbank but the real thing was nothing like q bank. The questions were much longer and more complicated and I had so much anatomy, cell phys, and weird pharm that I wanted to Fing kill myself. Anyone else have a similar experience? I thought I had to score well for the field I'm interested in, but now I am not even sure if I passed! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

How you feel does not usually correlate with how you did on Standardized exams. Don't worry, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised in ~3 weeks :D

relax dude. i had the same feeling...thousands of others have felt the same. that test is designed to do that to us. like the other poster said...you'll probably be pleasantly suprised.

just know that you're done with it and there's nothing you can do about it now...so why waste time worrying about it? you'll get your results in about 6 weeks and if there's a problem then (which statistically something like 93% of us do not encounter) you can worry about it.

get ready for the fun stuff of rotations.

Thanks for replying you guys. One week down and 2-5 wks left until I get my scores.
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
azzarah said:
Thanks for replying you guys. One week down and 2-5 wks left until I get my scores.
:)

I felt exactly like you did after taking it. I was doing very well on Qbank and then took the beast and felt they were completely different entities. I got my score back and it was 232/93. Not exactly killer, but a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Got my score back today! You guys were right! I thought I had surely failed but was pleasantly suprised. :) Good luck to everyone! :luck:

azzarah said:
Got my score back today! You guys were right! I thought I had surely failed but was pleasantly suprised. :) Good luck to everyone! :luck:
So are you going to tell us how you did?

glad that you passed...congrats!!! the score? it doesn't matter...you passed!!!! now go celebrate!! :thumbup:

wam_256 said:
glad that you passed...congrats!!! the score? it doesn't matter...you passed!!!! now go celebrate!! :thumbup:
The score doesn't matter coming from someone named wam 256. :rolleyes:

I took it on 9/23 and when I walked out I felt like I bombed that exam and that there was no way possible that I passed it. Received my score last week and was a little puzzled yet satisfied w/ my score. I guess I'm not going to question it but I'm still a little confused on how nbme derives their "magic" scoring system.

azzarah said:
Recently took step 1 and feel like I failed. Gosh what a terrible feeling after all that hard work! I was doing so well on Qbank but the real thing was nothing like q bank. The questions were much longer and more complicated and I had so much anatomy, cell phys, and weird pharm that I wanted to Fing kill myself. Anyone else have a similar experience? I thought I had to score well for the field I'm interested in, but now I am not even sure if I passed! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: