Feeling discouraged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobblety_gook

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got waitlisted at Wake Forest recently =( I thought my interviews went really well there too...so I was sure that I did everything I could to get in. So far I've only heard back negatively from schools (rejected from G-town, hold at Uchicago)...and I'm starting to feel that by getting unfavorable responses from lower ranked schools I won't even have a chance anywhere else.
I've been really fortunate to have gotten lots of interviews from some really excellent programs...but I just wish I had an acceptance.

Thx for reading my gripes...good luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

gobblety_gook said:
Got waitlisted at Wake Forest recently =( I thought my interviews went really well there too...so I was sure that I did everything I could to get in. So far I've only heard back negatively from schools (rejected from G-town, hold at Uchicago)...and I'm starting to feel that by getting unfavorable responses from lower ranked schools I won't even have a chance anywhere else.
I've been really fortunate to have gotten lots of interviews from some really excellent programs...but I just wish I had an acceptance.

Good luck to you :luck:

Unfortunately, for a lot of the "better" programs, you have to wait till late Feb./early March to hear back, right?

Anyhow, God bless.

CM :) :thumbup: :luck:

all i can say is good luck
stay strong; that is why we apply to so many schools, all of them don't work out. i know your feeling. might almost be better if we got all news from all schools on the same day!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wake Forest only accepts 15 people every 3 weeks. I also felt like my interviews went really well, but I'm expecting to be waitlisted. The majority of the student body that attends Wake Forest was waitlisted. Hope that makes you feel better, although like you I will be a little bummed when I am in fact waitlisted.

gobblety_gook said:

Hold your head up.

:luck: :luck: :) ;) :rolleyes:

Also being put on hold at UChicago is not that bad. It was posted earlier in the year that they interview 400-500 applicants off the bat, put a couple hundred on hold and interview 50 of them, out of ~5000 applicants that aint bad.

Thanks for the boost guys...this is why SDN is so awesome :)

I got a Cornell interview invite! So I guess thats some good news =) But I haven't heard a peep from Vandy where I interviewed in the week of 10/4 so I guess I'm most likely in a reject/waitlist pile....

And the beat goes on...

Good luck!!