Feeling frustrated.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ki-100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far one waitlisted and one still waiting for an answer and planning to attend another ii. Got three big pre-ii rejection (really want to go to MU-COM) and silent from the rest of my applications. I am losing confidence now maybe I should look for a plan B........

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So far one waitlisted and one still waiting for an answer and planning to attend another ii. Got three big pre-ii rejection (really want to go to MU-COM) and silent from the rest of my applications. I am losing confidence now maybe I should look for a plan B........
Stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT 503 gpa 3.46 sgpa3.64 with 123 CARS English is not my native language. (Took the MCAT twice)
Your stats are good. You should get in somewhere I would imagine. Did you apply to LMU and Wvsom? You should ask Goro or Faha about your chances.

Maybe your list is too top heavy? Where did you apply?
All VCOM
MUSCOM
CCOM
ARCOM
BCOM
LUCOM
Western
NYITCOM (2 campus)
ACOM
Des Moines
CHSU
KCU
UWISOM
TUNCOM
LECOM (all campus)
ATSU( kirksville)

ARCOM waitlist BCOM waiting a answer and ACOM attend interview Feb pre ii reject by UWISOM ATSU and MUCOM ( one of my top choice.....)

All VCOM
MUSCOM
CCOM
ARCOM
BCOM
LUCOM
Western
NYITCOM (2 campus)
ACOM
Des Moines
CHSU
KCU
UWISOM
TUNCOM
LECOM (all campus)
ATSU( kirksville)

ARCOM waitlist BCOM waiting a answer and ACOM attend interview Feb pre ii reject by UWISOM ATSU and MUCOM ( one of my top choice.....)
I mean you got three interviews so your stats are fine. Kind of surprised you didn’t hear anything from Lecom and Lucom.

I mean you got three interviews so your stats are fine. Kind of surprised you didn’t hear anything from Lecom and Lucom.
Well i finish all my secondary around Oct probably that is the reason I guess lol.

I'm surprised that you have not had more love. Do you have DO shadowing? DO LOR?

An II might come tomorrow, or in April

I'm surprised that you have not had more love. Do you have DO shadowing? DO LOR?

An II might come tomorrow, or in April
Yes I have DO shadow and DO LOR.

Start working on re-app, but there’s definitely still hope. You only need one A

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
October is not late for DO and the cycle is still going. Most schools interview until April.

A WL isn’t an acceptance but it could turn into one. Don’t count that out yet.

Your only plan B should be to strengthen your application such as gaining more clinical experience, possibly retaking the MCAT. Don’t stop after one cycle if you don’t get in. Keep working towards your goal.

Good luck!

All VCOM
MUSCOM
CCOM
ARCOM
BCOM
LUCOM
Western
NYITCOM (2 campus)
ACOM
Des Moines
CHSU
KCU
UWISOM
TUNCOM
LECOM (all campus)
ATSU( kirksville)

definitely go to ACOM interview even if you get into BCOM. It’s the strongest school you have an interview too. ACOM also has a history of high interview to acceptance ratio. Something like 2/3 Of interviewers get accepted. Like others have said, its not your stats so it’s most likely your interview itself. Work on your interview skills. For ACOM they really push primary Care so if your application shows interest in pcp then you have a leg up

Reactions: 1 user
definitely go to ACOM interview even if you get into BCOM. It’s the strongest school you have an interview too. ACOM also has a history of high interview to acceptance ratio. Something like 2/3 Of interviewers get accepted. Like others have said, its not your stats so it’s most likely your interview itself. Work on your interview skills. For ACOM they really push primary Care so if your application shows interest in pcp then you have a leg up
Yeah maybe my interview skill is not too great i guess i look up some of the previews interview questions and always talk to one of the student in that school to gain some insight on this school so I can come up a good answer when unexpected question is asked. Maybe my suit and tie doesn't match so they don't like me when I interview lol.

Yeah maybe my interview skill is not too great i guess i look up some of the previews interview questions and always talk to one of the student in that school to gain some insight on this school so I can come up a good answer when unexpected question is asked. Maybe my suit and tie doesn't match so they don't like me when I interview lol.

lol I highly doubt it’s the clothing choice. As long as it’s a standard suit, no dumb and dumber colors. Or Lebron James suit shorts

I completed later than you for primary (Early Nov) and most of my secondary completions scattered throughout the rest of November. I am not getting much love either, applied to 13 schools, got one big pre-II R from Rocky and only 4 II's so far (Haven't attended any yet).

I completed later than you for primary (Early Nov) and most of my secondary completions scattered throughout the rest of November. I am not getting much love either, applied to 13 schools, got one big pre-II R from Rocky and only 4 II's so far (Haven't attended any yet).
Well at least you have more ii than me lol but I advice go to at least couple of those ii asap since many schools are rolling admission.

Well at least you have more ii than me lol but I advice go to at least couple of those ii asap since many schools are rolling admission.

I will be going to all of them, they are just scheduled in Feb and March, one in mid-Jan.

I will be going to all of them, they are just scheduled in Feb and March, one in mid-Jan.
I think you will be fine since your MCAT is pretty high for DO.

I think you will be fine since your MCAT is pretty high for DO.

I think you will be too buddy, as long as you are getting some II's then the problem isn't with your stats nor that you have any red flags. I guess sometimes you need a little bit of luck for things to work out even if you have done everything else perfectly.

All VCOM
MUSCOM
CCOM
ARCOM
BCOM
LUCOM
Western
NYITCOM (2 campus)
ACOM
Des Moines
CHSU
KCU
UWISOM
TUNCOM
LECOM (all campus)
ATSU( kirksville)

If you're not a Michigander, it's tough to get into MSU with your stats. CCOM, KCU, ATSU, MUCOM, DMU, NYIT-NY, Western, TUNCOM average MCAT are all between 504-508 (see Osteopathic Schools Ranked by MCAT). LECOM litterally gets over 10K applications every year, so it's also a tough one. That's already almost half of your list. I think you need to expand your list a little bit next year if you don't get in this year.

Edit: Just wanted to say in case of a re-app next year, you also need to recheck your primary app for any potential red flag. And go over your personal statement with someone to see if maybe something in there may be raising people's eyebrows.

Not surprised about LECOM at all with the amount of apps they get every year. They can afford to get picky.

Last edited:
I think you will be too buddy, as long as you are getting some II's then the problem isn't with your stats nor that you have any red flags. I guess sometimes you need a little bit of luck for things to work out even if you have done everything else perfectly.
If you're not a Michigander, it's tough to get into MSU with your stats. CCOM, KCU, ATSU, MUCOM, DMU, NYIT-NY, Western, TUNCOM average MCAT are all between 504-508 (see Osteopathic Schools Ranked by MCAT). LECOM litterally gets over 10K applications every year, so it's also a tough one. That's already almost half of your list. I think you need to expand your list a little bit next year if you don't get in this year.

Edit: Just wanted to say in case of a re-app next year, that you also need to recheck your primary app for any potential red flag. And go over your personal statement with someone to see if maybe something in there may be raising people's eyebrows.

Not surprised about LECOM at all with the amount of apps they get every year. They can afford to get picky.
:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: PS I am a Michigan resident

I definitely wouldn't consider this cycle over for you...many possible outcomes. But, as a three time applicant myself (successful on the third try), I would urge you to continue bolstering your app. Add volunteer hours, take a course you can definitely get an A in, obtain a new certification and use it (emt, phlebotomy, etc). I think gyngyn advised me to "act as if you've been rejected until you have the acceptance letter in hand." this helped make my reapplication stronger every time and I'm sure contributed to my eventual success.

good luck to you!!!

Reactions: 2 users