Feeling Hopeless

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MayaRx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my third time applying. Now I had some undergrad trouble, and my gpa isnt as great, but i managed to pull off a pcat score in the 9o%tile. I got three interviews, and i dont know if it is just me, but I thought they went pretty well. Unfortunatley two put me on hold, im still waiting to hear from one. Any advice. Do pharmacy schools usually resopnd only in the first 2-3 weeks if they really want you from the interview date? I applied to MUSC, i havent heard yet, its going to be a month in 4 days, should I just understand it as that I am going to be put on hold like the other schools. I have done i believe everything in my power, like takign classes over, working in a pharmacy, and doing some extracirricular/volunteer activies, as well as im almost done with my bacehlors. Ill finish this year. Should I just give up? I hear of people getting in the second time especially when they improved their PCAT scores, a lot of people i know had below 3.0 gpas. I dont know, i guess i feel hopeless now.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that you get into pharmacy school because it is obvious that you want to become a pharmacist.

Why didn't you apply to more schools? A 3.0 is decent and it depends on your major of course. How do you know your interviews went well? We're pulling for you.

good luck,

pete

ps

don't feel hopeless. when you get your bs put it to use while you apply again. i'm currently working as i wait to apply for next year. if i don't get in this year, i'll just keep on working until i get in.

I applied to eleven schools, but i got interviews from three finally this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
MayaRx said:
This is my third time applying. Now I had some undergrad trouble, and my gpa isnt as great, but i managed to pull off a pcat score in the 9o%tile. I got three interviews, and i dont know if it is just me, but I thought they went pretty well. Unfortunatley two put me on hold, im still waiting to hear from one. Any advice. Do pharmacy schools usually resopnd only in the first 2-3 weeks if they really want you from the interview date? I applied to MUSC, i havent heard yet, its going to be a month in 4 days, should I just understand it as that I am going to be put on hold like the other schools. I have done i believe everything in my power, like takign classes over, working in a pharmacy, and doing some extracirricular/volunteer activies, as well as im almost done with my bacehlors. Ill finish this year. Should I just give up? I hear of people getting in the second time especially when they improved their PCAT scores, a lot of people i know had below 3.0 gpas. I dont know, i guess i feel hopeless now.

I wouldn't give up on MUSC just yet. Did you interview on the 19th of feb? We must have had the same interview. I haven't heard either. However, I know someone else that got accepted and it took about a month for them to hear. MUSC still has another batch of acceptances to send out and you should at least know ur status by the end of the month or first of April....or so I've been told.

MayaRX,

You applied eleven schools but only 3 interviews?? What schooll did u get your interview???

My GPA is 2.9 and i think we are in the same boat. U're not alone , pal. I have not taken PCAT. I will apply next year.

illusions said:
I wouldn't give up on MUSC just yet. Did you interview on the 19th of feb? We must have had the same interview. I haven't heard either. However, I know someone else that got accepted and it took about a month for them to hear. MUSC still has another batch of acceptances to send out and you should at least know ur status by the end of the month or first of April....or so I've been told.

Hey!
Its so great to hear from someone that had the same interview as me. I was there on the 18th. Yes I havent heard, but when I called them they sent out some already, so I thought that they picked their few from that bunch. My friend was the last interviewee last year and got in two weeks. I dont know I just assumed that if they want you, they respond really early to you.

MayaRx said:
Hey!
Its so great to hear from someone that had the same interview as me. I was there on the 18th. Yes I havent heard, but when I called them they sent out some already, so I thought that they picked their few from that bunch. My friend was the last interviewee last year and got in two weeks. I dont know I just assumed that if they want you, they respond really early to you.

They continue looking at your application for consideration in the next group they admit.

MayaRx said:

Don't give up! You might still get accepted at MUSC. If not, keep trying. Schools will like your persistence and determination. Its clear that you know your stuff because of your PCAT score. Maybe you could put in your application essay why your gpa isn't as good as it could be. If you have a good reason, like illness or family problems, maybe they will be more understanding. If you don't address your gpa, the schools might think that you can do good (becuase of your PCAT), but you didn't try your hardest.

Good luck and don't give up! You will get in.