Feeling nervous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freakedfreshman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So first semester of dental school is about to end and my GPA is around 3.1-3.2. Not sure if i want to specialize, but this GPA makes me feel like i wont be as good of a dentist as my classmates. Any words of encouragement?

Members don't see this ad.

So first semester of dental school is about to end and my GPA is around 3.1-3.2. Not sure if i want to specialize, but this GPA makes me feel like i wont be as good of a dentist as my classmates. Any words of encouragement?

Your GPA isn't going to determine whether or not you'll be a good dentist.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, I almost flunked out first year in dental school and probably graduated near the bottom of my class in ranking. I passed all my boards first time in the 90%ile anyhow. I then opened my own practice with zero experience immediately after getting my license. Twelve years later I'm kind of semi-retired and working part-time cause I haven't figured out what to do with the next 40 years of my life.

Remember...A students make the best teachers, B students make the best clinicians, C students make the best money. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, I almost flunked out first year in dental school and probably graduated near the bottom of my class in ranking. I passed all my boards first time in the 90%ile anyhow. I then opened my own practice with zero experience immediately after getting my license. Twelve years later I'm kind of semi-retired and working part-time cause I haven't figured out what to do with the next 40 years of my life.

Remember...A students make the best teachers, B students make the best clinicians, C students make the best money. :)

Completely unrelated to this post, but I thought it was funny how our pics are somewhat similar :beaver:

Reactions: 1 user