Fellas --> Interview Attire Content

Started by audibob
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Your best bet is to go with a conservative suit. It should be either black, navy or gray and preferably without pinstripes. For the shirt white and french blue are the best choices. I am gonna being wearing a charcoal suit, white shirt, and a nice red power tie to pull it all together.
 
What are the fellas sporting to audiology open houses? Interviews?

Hey audibob! How's it going?

I would definitely recommend wearing a full suit and tie, if possible. When I showed up for the interview/open house at Nova there was only one other guy there and he had on a suit as well. For occasions like this it's always better to overdress than under-dress.

I wish you the best of luck! You're going to do great!

-B
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your best bet is to go with a conservative suit. It should be either black, navy or gray and preferably without pinstripes. For the shirt white and french blue are the best choices. I am gonna being wearing a charcoal suit, white shirt, and a nice red power tie to pull it all together.

Excellent choice!! I wore a charcoal suit with a white shirt and blue tie for both my interviews and everything worked out really well! It's definitely a good combination.

Which schools are you guys interviewing at? I wish you both the best!
 
dumb-and-dumber-orange-and-blue-tuxedos1.jpg
 
Hahahahaha! Best movie ever!!! 👍 👍 I was thinking about wearing that orange suit but couldn't find the matching hat!
 
What are the fellas sporting to audiology open houses? Interviews?

For women, I wore a professional business suit. I was glad I did because in the waiting room almost everyone dressed extremely formal. They look at your appearance.

The men (not too many there), were dressed formally too.
 
For women, I wore a professional business suit. I was glad I did because in the waiting room almost everyone dressed extremely formal. They look at your appearance.

I don't have a full suit, but I'm wearing dress pants and a gathered-scooped-neck sweater. Although it's not as formal as some people might be dressed, I think if I went for a full suit I'd feel like a clown... I'm just not used to wearing that kind of thing. I know my interview will go much more smoothly if I'm relaxed and feeling natural. 🙂 This is a great thread!
 
Last year, I just wore a light blue shirt and a dark blue tie with khaki (maybe?) pants. Attire was last on my mind. They're interviewing you, not passing you in public, so if you're confident and have the numbers to back yourself up, you don't need to dress way too formally. Another guy showed up that day with a full suit, looking pretty over-dressed in my opinion. Might depend on the program, though.

I got accepted, by the way.