Fellowship application timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pathinterest95

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For fellowships, if applying in July 2 years prior to start how soon do you typically get interviews? After interviews how soon do you get offers? How long do you have to accept offers? Im interested in transfusion medicine for a fellowship if that changes things.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For fellowships, if applying in July 2 years prior to start how soon do you typically get interviews? After interviews how soon do you get offers? How long do you have to accept offers? Im interested in transfusion medicine for a fellowship if that changes things.

Thanks!
You might start getting interviews right away, largely between late July and November. Usually the final decision is locked down by December. It largely depends on how early they offer. I was offered one in September and kicked the can down the road until I got my first choice in November. There are no rules since there is no match. You will likely be pressured and coerced as they are desperate to fill these spots. Just be professional as possible and tell them you want to finish all your interviews before making a decision. Don’t make promises or commit unless you are sure as you don’t want to make enemies.

Reactions: 1 user