Fellowship hours per week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SLCAnesthesia

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Call me crazy but I am thinking about pursuing a CCM fellowship after 15 years in anesthesia practice. I have been doing artificial heart, major cardiac/neuro/liver transplant/trauma/etc...and there is a growing need at our institution for Anesthesia CCM intensivists. What are the work hours currently like for fellows during their CCM fellowships, and any thoughts on programs out west? Thanks. I understand all the issues about reimbursement, etc...but at this point am more concerned about pursuing what I really enjoy and having a more diverse practice.
 
Call me crazy but I am thinking about pursuing a CCM fellowship after 15 years in anesthesia practice. I have been doing artificial heart, major cardiac/neuro/liver transplant/trauma/etc...and there is a growing need at our institution for Anesthesia CCM intensivists. What are the work hours currently like for fellows during their CCM fellowships, and any thoughts on programs out west? Thanks. I understand all the issues about reimbursement, etc...but at this point am more concerned about pursuing what I really enjoy and having a more diverse practice.

i am a ca-3 at ucsf and will be doing my fellowship in critical care medicine here sarting in july. i'm expecting in by about 0700 out by about 1800-1830 m-f. call is in-house, taken 1 week at a time 1800-0700 daily. i would so boldly state here that we have the largest and most well-regarded critical care service in the western u.s. i think the program would consider offering a person like yourself who seeks board certification in critical care medicine a spot in training.