1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

fellowship in Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Lemieux, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Lemieux

Lemieux Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Are fellowships for IMGS trained in the USA just as hard to obtain as residency positions? Also, is it possible to do a residency in family medicine in the US and then do a fellowship in EM in Canada?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ammour444

ammour444 Syrian Student

Medical Student
    Hi ladies and gentlmens ,
    I'm a guy from Syria , 22 y.o. ... u may not know Syria ... the fact that I have a Canadian Landing and I'm going to get the Nationality after few of time ...
    The Univ. that I'm studing in now have 6 years ... now I've finished 4 and next september I'll be 5th ..
    the fact that I wanna to have my specialize in Canada ...
    Could someone help me with that ????
    I couldn't open a new thread ...I'm sorry maybe I hadn't have post this reply here
    I get a book that name is " Torento Notes " is that enough for studying 4 the three steps of Canada ???
    please someone help me ... here in Syria I can't find anyone knows anything about specialize in Canada ...
    Please help me
    Bye

4. AndrewB

AndrewB Member
    5+ Year Member

ammour444:

It's very tough to obtain a specialty residency spot in Canada if you completed medical school outside of Canada or the United States. The odds are not good.

Good luck.