fellowship in Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lemieux

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are fellowships for IMGS trained in the USA just as hard to obtain as residency positions? Also, is it possible to do a residency in family medicine in the US and then do a fellowship in EM in Canada?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ladies and gentlmens ,
I'm a guy from Syria , 22 y.o. ... u may not know Syria ... the fact that I have a Canadian Landing and I'm going to get the Nationality after few of time ...
The Univ. that I'm studing in now have 6 years ... now I've finished 4 and next september I'll be 5th ..
the fact that I wanna to have my specialize in Canada ...
Could someone help me with that ????
I couldn't open a new thread ...I'm sorry maybe I hadn't have post this reply here
I get a book that name is " Torento Notes " is that enough for studying 4 the three steps of Canada ???
please someone help me ... here in Syria I can't find anyone knows anything about specialize in Canada ...
Please help me
Bye

ammour444:

It's very tough to obtain a specialty residency spot in Canada if you completed medical school outside of Canada or the United States. The odds are not good.

Good luck.