Fellowship information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions regrading fellowships in PM&R that I was hoping some of you out there would be able to shed some light upon.
Does anyone know what the best fellowship programs for sports medicine and pain medicine are? Are there any good programs that combine sports and spine/pain medicine? What is the benefit completing an ACGME accredited fellowship vs. the many non-ACGME accredited PM&R fellowships? Finally does anyone have a general idea or list of anesthesia-based pain fellowships that accept PM&R graduates?
Any help would be gladly appreciated!
Thanks,
MDTH

Members don't see this ad.

Answering the question of which type of program is the best for you is difficult. Do you want to do procedures and which types? With regards to Pain Medicine, it is a broad field and different programs emphasize different things.

If you are interested in doing Sports, Spine, and Pain, it is unlikely that you will find that in an Anesthesia-based Pain fellowship. I would consider looking into a PM&R Pain fellowship. Spine and MSK fellowships would also be good options and would likely provide you with additional EDX training.

The issue of whether or not you should do an ACGME-accredited fellowship was discussed in this thread.