Fellowship match lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoknows2012

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some fellowship match lists from at least 2 large academic IM programs. Is that something people would be interested in seeing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have some fellowship match lists from at least 2 large academic IM programs. Is that something people would be interested in seeing?

I think only if its a top 10 program. We don't care about anything below that LOL.

Lets see what you got

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t they... post these on their websites? Idk. If you’re someone that would get excited by this you might need to find some hobbies (truly no offense meant to OP).

Applying for fellowship ain't exactly about that. From experience this year. It's been more about how well you like their program/staff/etc which comes from interviews.
I'm just n=1, but my colleague, as an example, matched into Brown for fellowship and outright rejected Cornell because of how bad their day to day was.
I'm just saying: fellowships depend on the program. Not all 'top IM' programs have the best fellowships in all programs. It's entirely dependent.

Applying for fellowship ain't exactly about that. From experience this year. It's been more about how well you like their program/staff/etc which comes from interviews.
I'm just n=1, but my colleague, as an example, matched into Brown for fellowship and outright rejected Cornell because of how bad their day to day was.
I'm just saying: fellowships depend on the program. Not all 'top IM' programs have the best fellowships in all programs. It's entirely dependent.
Not sure what this has to do with anything I posted. I have non widely distributed match lists for a few programs I thought prospective IM applicants or fellows who matched might want to see. I have no dog in this fight just trying to be helpful. I’m no longer in training, and I actively advise students and residents on fellowship and residency. But thank you for telling me “how it is.”

by the way these aren’t necessarily top programs they’re just large academic IM programs.

Last edited:
Not sure what this has to do with anything I posted. I have non widely distributed match lists for a few programs I thought prospective IM applicants or fellows who matched might want to see. I have no dog in this fight just trying to be helpful. I’m no longer in training, and I actively advise students and residents on fellowship and residency. But thank you for telling me “how it is.”

by the way these aren’t necessarily top programs they’re just large academic IM programs.
You misunderstood. I'm not saying it's utterly useless but stipulating that Fellowship match data for specific programs only goes so far based on how well the fellowship is ranked/reputation

You misunderstood. I'm not saying it's utterly useless but stipulating that Fellowship match data for specific programs only goes so far based on how well the fellowship is ranked/reputation
Of course-if that’s not clear to IM applicants than it should be made clear. Fellowship match lists for IM applicants to see is mostly overrated but year to year it’s helpful to know for which specialities where applicants end up. If you’re thinking of applying to an IM program who hasn’t matched a GI applicant in 5 years it’s helpful to know that if you’re interested in GI. Not that it’s impossible to match in GI but maybe they don’t have great mentorship or research opportunities? On the other hand if you go to an IM program that every year matches 3 residents to hem/Onc at MSK and you’re striving to be a physician/scientist in pancreatic cancer that’s helpful to know. Maybe they have great mentorship and research opportunities. It’s certainly not the end all be all but it’s helpful to see. I think most applicants who post and read posts on SDN understand that a fellowship match list isn’t the end all be all just another piece of data worth seeing

edit; based on wording of your prior post want to confirm you realize I’m talking about IM program fellowship match lists not fellowship program match lists, of which the latter would be fairly irrelevant

Last edited:
Whatever. Just post it. You don't need to post teasers.
Posted it in the fellowship thread. It wasn’t meant to be a teaser it was meant to be a “is my time investment to compile the lists worth it” question.