Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnhobbit21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dont know if this is the right spot to post so I apologize if its not. I am a DO student starting peds residency this July. I only took the comlex and now regretting not taking the usmle. I mean I matched to my third choice and I am happy about that but now I'm thinking I didn't match to my tops bc of not taking the USMLE (they weren't competitive programs at all). My concern is this will follow me into fellowships????? Will I not be looked at MD fellowships bc I don't have a USMLE? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Dont know if this is the right spot to post so I apologize if its not. I am a DO student starting peds residency this July. I only took the comlex and now regretting not taking the usmle. I mean I matched to my third choice and I am happy about that but now I'm thinking I didn't match to my tops bc of not taking the USMLE (they weren't competitive programs at all). My concern is this will follow me into fellowships????? Will I not be looked at MD fellowships bc I don't have a USMLE? Thanks!

What's done is done, so who cares? Enjoy your match and be the best resident and doctor you can be.

No one in their right mind would go back and study/take step 1 at this point, so let it go.

What's done is done, so who cares? Enjoy your match and be the best resident and doctor you can be.

No one in their right mind would go back and study/take step 1 at this point, so let it go.
Hahaha.