Fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mobiaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just have a question for those with more experience. I about to graduate and wondering if a fellowship for next year (2010) is still possible. I know it is probably too late, but I thought I would just see if anyone had any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
In what field? Agree with above that better spots are gone. Not to say that average spots can't meet your needs.

I think I sent in my pediatric fellowship applications in May. Two of the eight programs I applied to were already full at that time, one of those later had a spot open up when someone backed out. Based on that and the months that have passed since May, I would say that yes, most of the better spots are probably gone. However, I would argue that it isn't two late to apply for several reasons 1) Some people holding spots might change their minds and you could get a spot late in the year, 2) Almost all the programs offering fellowships will probably provide excellent training. It's not as if many low-end programs offer fellowships. 3) Lots of good fellowship positions go unfilled each year, so it is really never to late to apply.

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking of peds most likely, but also pain or regional are in the back of my mind.

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking of peds most likely, but also pain or regional are in the back of my mind.

Regional is unaccredited...you may likely be able to get a spot somewhere.

Pain- Not to make you feel bad...but it's waaaaaaaaay to late, I would almost say at this time it would be impossible to get a spot. This year around was very competitive and most places are already filled

Peds---I dont know..