• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Surfer75

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know if fellowship applications function on a rolling basis or ? Just curious.. I'm a current R1 and I realize that application windows open for several programs at the end of R1 year.

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Status (Visible)
Depends on the specialty. Some specialties use a match process (I think that cards does) and others are on an individual basis (GI is/or was, don't know if it's changed). When it's on an individual basis, it gets really annoying, because this GI fellow was telling me how programs would call him and try to pressure him into accepting their offer (by setting deadlines) before he had heard back from other programs.

Surfer75

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Status (Visible)
Thx for the info K. Hrmmm... I think I've got double the problem as fellowship apps for my class start this summer, but the Canadian fellowship app window is a year later.. LoL, I guess I'll have to decide soon.

S

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.