Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this questions has already been addressed, but I was wondering how important applying broadly is to getting a fellowship. For example, if one wanted to go into something like hemepath, GI, derm, or cyto (or any competitive fellowship) and was at decent/upper tier program, willing to go anywhere, and applies broadly (such as to nearly every possible program) would they be able to get their fellowship of choice?

Members don't see this ad.

fatboy said:
I'm sorry if this questions has already been addressed, but I was wondering how important applying broadly is to getting a fellowship. For example, if one wanted to go into something like hemepath, GI, derm, or cyto (or any competitive fellowship) and was at decent/upper tier program, willing to go anywhere, and applies broadly (such as to nearly every possible program) would they be able to get their fellowship of choice?

I think many fellowships are filled by internal candidates, but yeah, it sounds like you could get one pretty easily with that attitude.