Female Docs to be, what do you worry about mostly, starting a family or career?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kg062007

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering. Seems like 99% of the topics here are about marriage, babies, sex, and men. Is that all women think about?

Members don't see this ad.

Quite honestly, I am not worried about anything. My primary focus is on med school and carving out a career. I know that I will marry and have children, but the timing for this is certainly not now. And I am confident that I will maintain the proper balance (whatever that means :)) when the time comes.

To discuss topics not related to marriage, men, sex and babies there are all other threads in addition to this section. Some women can easily combine being a doc/med student without a bother, others have all sort of hurdles in combining the two. I am in the second category, and I am glad for the thread where I can discuss men, marriage, kids and sex in the light of medical career.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just wondering. Seems like 99% of the topics here are about marriage, babies, sex, and men. Is that all women think about?

No.

Do you really think that there are no women posting in pre-allo or allo? :confused:

It is just that all the other things that women have questions about are more relevant in other parts of the forum. (and get more or quicker answers elsewhere) Most of the women on these forums are posting the vast majority of their questions in the appropriate forums for whatever stage of their career training they are at.

Reactions: 1 users
No.

Do you really think that there are no women posting in pre-allo or allo? :confused:

It is just that all the other things that women have questions about are more relevant in other parts of the forum. (and get more or quicker answers elsewhere) Most of the women on these forums are posting the vast majority of their questions in the appropriate forums for whatever stage of their career training they are at.

Pfft what are you talking crazy woman! No women are in the other forums, that is just ridiculous. Why would someone post something in another forum that answers it faster...that makes no sense. (sarcasm)

I absolutely care about love, sex, kids and a man..because I have a husband and child. If I did not care about my career why would I be pursuing one? If I didn't care I would pick something easier.