Ferris State C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tifferzzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see any threads for Ferris so I figured I'd start one! I interviewed on October 17th! Still waiting to hear back! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope! But they've accepted me too which is nice :)

What can you tell me about the school so far? I have an interview on the 21st. Any advice?

Also a big congrats to you!!

What can you tell me about the school so far? I have an interview on the 21st. Any advice?

Also a big congrats to you!!

the school is a little dated, but the faculty and students are incredibly nice! the interviews are MMI this year (they are trying something new). basically just why pharmacy, tell me about yourself, what experience do you have, explain your extracurriculars, etc. it's easy!

i really liked that the school is very focused on their students instead of nose-deep into their research! seems like a great school to me!

Hey guys I sent in my PharmCAS app two days ago, they're still gathering my transcripts and PCAT and whatnot but how soon and through what medium (email or snailmail) do they send the interview invites?

Hey guys I sent in my PharmCAS app two days ago, they're still gathering my transcripts and PCAT and whatnot but how soon and through what medium (email or snailmail) do they send the interview invites?

I got my interview invite about two weeks after they received my application! They contacted me via email. I heard back from them after the interview 4 days later!

I have my interview next week! Any advice? How many people will be in the interview with me?
Also if you did choose to attend this school, why did you choose it over a different one?

I got my interview invite about two weeks after they received my application! They contacted me via email. I heard back from them after the interview 4 days later!
Thanks! PharmCAS finally sent my app so I'm impatiently waiting now. Anyone else get an interview invite after December yet?

Thanks! PharmCAS finally sent my app so I'm impatiently waiting now. Anyone else get an interview invite after December yet?

Pharmcas just recently finished verifying my application around the same time as you, but haven't heard anything from the school yet! Fingers crossed we hear something soon :)

I have my interview next week! Any advice? How many people will be in the interview with me?
Also if you did choose to attend this school, why did you choose it over a different one?
If you don't mind me asking, how did your interview go? I have an interview in January and I really don't know what to expect! Someone mentioned the interview is MMI, any advice on how to prepare for that?

Members don't see this ad :)
the school is a little dated, but the faculty and students are incredibly nice! the interviews are MMI this year (they are trying something new). basically just why pharmacy, tell me about yourself, what experience do you have, explain your extracurriculars, etc. Tis easy!

i really liked that the school is very focused on their students instead of nose-deep into their research! seems like a great school to me!
Do you mine elaborating more on the interview? You mentioned it was MMI; how many scenarios were there? How did you prepare for the interview?

If you don't mind me asking, how did your interview go? I have an interview in January and I really don't know what to expect! Someone mentioned the interview is MMI, any advice on how to prepare for that?
Hello!
I prepared by doing mock interviews and reading up about general interview questions for pharmacy. Just have to practice and be able to think on your feet. When you first walk in, they have you fitted for a white coat right away. Then, you are lead to a room for the essay portion (handwritten!). I believe you were given 25 minutes for the one question. Next is the MMI part. You are paired up with a P4 student, who will guide you to each section. I found this to be helpful, since I would ask her all sorts of questions during the breaks between each station, since I'm not familiar with the Big Rapids area or the opportunities the program offers for preparing for residency. There are four stations, each with two interviewers who ask you 2-3 questions, which were pretty straight forward. The interviewers consisted of faculty, pharmacists, and alumni. They want to know more about you and how you think, so just put your best foot forward. At the end of each section, they ask if you have any questions for them, so I would suggest that you have some ready. Finally, there is a general Q & A part that is not graded. I was accepted within a week! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got my interview invite today! So excited! :soexcited:

Hello!
I prepared by doing mock interviews and reading up about general interview questions for pharmacy. Just have to practice and be able to think on your feet. When you first walk in, they have you fitted for a white coat right away. Then, you are lead to a room for the essay portion (handwritten!). I believe you were given 25 minutes for the one question. Next is the MMI part. You are paired up with a P4 student, who will guide you to each section. I found this to be helpful, since I would ask her all sorts of questions during the breaks between each station, since I'm not familiar with the Big Rapids area or the opportunities the program offers for preparing for residency. There are four stations, each with two interviewers who ask you 2-3 questions, which were pretty straight forward. The interviewers consisted of faculty, pharmacists, and alumni. They want to know more about you and how you think, so just put your best foot forward. At the end of each section, they ask if you have any questions for them, so I would suggest that you have some ready. Finally, there is a general Q & A part that is not graded. I was accepted within a week! Best of luck!
Thank you so much for your thorough explanation and congratulations on your acceptance! How many people were interviewed on your date? Were the interviewers friendly?

Hey guys, does anyone know if the interview is open file? o_O

Interviews are scheduled every 5 minutes throughout the day, so they see about 40 people a day I would guess? Yes, the interviewers were very friendly! Easy to get along with and carry on conversations.
Open file as in the interviewers know your profile beforehand? I don't believe so. When I came in, they only had an evaluation sheet where they would write notes about me.

Anybody else interview today?

Those who have already gotten accepted, do they call you or email you to let you know you got in? :shy:

Last edited:
Anybody else interview today?

Those who have already gotten accepted, do they call you or email you to let you know you got in? :shy:
I was wondering the same thing. And when should we expect to hear back?

Tara said anywhere from 3 business days to a week before we hear back.

How do you think your interview went?
Oh ok. I think it went alright. The interviewers were extremely friendly and laid back. It felt like we were having a normal conversation. However, I did feel like I didn't get enough time to answer the questions, time just flew by!
How about you? How did you find it?

Oh ok. I think it went alright. The interviewers were extremely friendly and laid back. It felt like we were having a normal conversation. However, I did feel like I didn't get enough time to answer the questions, time just flew by!
How about you? How did you find it?

Oh that's good. I recently did an MMI where we only had 7 minutes, so I'm kind of use to that time constraint. I felt like some of the interviewers were really friendly but one of the ladies just kind of stared at me and I couldn't tell if she was just cold or didn't like my answers. Oh and I was annoyed about the essay! Cuz I was told I had 30 minutes then a different girl came in and said time's up at 25 minutes so I never got to look it over and quickly check for any mistakes. Plus I wasn't a big fan of the topic. Blah, I'm so anxious! I think I did good but not amazing :cryi:

Oh that's good. I recently did an MMI where we only had 7 minutes, so I'm kind of use to that time constraint. I felt like some of the interviewers were really friendly but one of the ladies just kind of stared at me and I couldn't tell if she was just cold or didn't like my answers. Oh and I was annoyed about the essay! Cuz I was told I had 30 minutes then a different girl came in and said time's up at 25 minutes so I never got to look it over and quickly check for any mistakes. Plus I wasn't a big fan of the topic. Blah, I'm so anxious! I think I did good but not amazing :cryi:
Don't worry, I'm sure you did great! And I know what you mean about that one interviewer, she was the same towards me, so I'm sure it wasn't because of your answer. We just have to wait and see. Hopefully we both get in! :)

Don't worry, I'm sure you did great! And I know what you mean about that one interviewer, she was the same towards me, so I'm sure it wasn't because of your answer. We just have to wait and see. Hopefully we both get in! :)

Thank you for making me feel SO much better! You're so sweet! :) I really hope we both get in!

The interview is really straight forward and quite relaxed. I interviewed on January 9th and received a conditional offer via email on the 13th. Best of luck to those still interviewing...

As for interviewers offering and not offering feedback/nonverbals - this is typical in most interview scenarios. The interviewer doesn't want to persuade your answer because of their feedback/nonverbal communication.

Got accepted!!! :soexcited::soexcited:
Interviewed on 2/6 and got accepted today!! What will everyone do for housing

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats my man did you just receive the reply and how are your stats if you don't mind.

I received an email in the morning.
Gpa 3.76
Pcat 52
But 95 in chem
And 86 in bio

Congrats!!! As for housing, I have no clue. I'm pretty disappointed about the lack of choices in Big Rapids, all the apartment complexes I've spoken to are saying they only have 3 or 4 bedroom leases available. If anyone has tips on finding a 1 bedroom apartment I'd appreciate it!

Wow have no idea why they are taking long to reply
I'm sure you have been, but make sure to check the email provided in PharmCAS. Also check your spam folders... if you haven't heard anything for another week or so, I'd contact Tara in Admissions.

anyone know what they're doing in terms of living situation? i was hoping to get a one person apartment, but that doesn't look very promising...

I'm sure you have been, but make sure to check the email provided in PharmCAS. Also check your spam folders... if you haven't heard anything for another week or so, I'd contact Tara in Admissions.
I emailed her the Thursday they said we should be getting a reply she told me that they are still waiting to make decisions on some applicants but now another ten days passed but still nothing don't want to keep bugging them though with emails..

The interview is really straight forward and quite relaxed. I interviewed on January 9th and received a conditional offer via email on the 13th. Best of luck to those still interviewing...

As for interviewers offering and not offering feedback/nonverbals - this is typical in most interview scenarios. The interviewer doesn't want to persuade your answer because of their feedback/nonverbal communication.
I still regret not going on January 9th that was my original interview date but because the storm I rescheduled maybe I had a better shot then who knows?

Have you had any contact with Admissions since the interview? If not, I would try calling them today to "check-in" on your application's status...
I actually did twice they ended up telling me the wait could go on till April but I will try to call them again soon because I cant keep waiting need to know what my next step will be...

Hey everyone I'm looking for a 4 room suit to rent outside of campus and would love to be roommates with incoming pharmacy students. If you are interested please message me

Has anyone had any updates from Tara recently?