Step II fetal heart trace

Started by Deepa100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Deepa100

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I know I should know this but I don't. Why doesn't the time axis on FHR trace show the time axis with each square labeled clearly what the scale is ( like a good graph should)? I know FHR is the heart rate on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. But what is the scale on the x-axis???
Thanks!
 
Well, the whole tracing is 20 minutes, so you can usually extrapolate from there. I think every hospital must use different types of charts (unlike an ECG, where the size of the boxes is standardized)... at my hospital, the x-axis just mentions the actual time on the clock (i.e. 09:34:51).