Few hours for activity in work/activity section (but meaningful)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XyZ1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all. I have a question about the work/activities section. I have two volunteer activities that I'd like to put on my work/activities section; both are ~8 hours total. (I have other volunteer activities over 150 hrs both clinical and non-clinical, so this isn't an issue of not having hours at all.)

This is because one activity was a series of one hour volunteer seminars that I was involved in over a number of years (minus this year due to COVID-19, as it normally took place in April). The other was a 1 hr/week activity, but I had a major leadership position in it. I got involved last spring for two months, but the school it was at had an issue with their system in fall and discontinued volunteer programs until this spring, then was cancelled again due to COVID-19 after I had only gotten one more hour. Both these activities took place over multiple months and made a real impact on me (although I'm not putting them as most meaningful) and I can talk a lot about them. If I list them, will it be looked at as fluff due to <10 hours? I feel like my application doesn't really reflect "me" without them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi, all. I have a question about the work/activities section. I have two volunteer activities that I'd like to put on my work/activities section; both are ~8 hours total. (I have other volunteer activities over 150 hrs both clinical and non-clinical, so this isn't an issue of not having hours at all.)

This is because one activity was a series of one hour volunteer seminars that I was involved in over a number of years (minus this year due to COVID-19, as it normally took place in April). The other was a 1 hr/week activity, but I had a major leadership position in it. I got involved last spring for two months, but the school it was at had an issue with their system in fall and discontinued volunteer programs until this spring, then was cancelled again due to COVID-19 after I had only gotten one more hour. Both these activities took place over multiple months and made a real impact on me (although I'm not putting them as most meaningful) and I can talk a lot about them. If I list them, will it be looked at as fluff due to <10 hours? I feel like my application doesn't really reflect "me" without them.
If your application would not be an accurate representation of you without these activities, then you should include them. Mention that this activity was cut short due to COVID-19. Also, did you include in the hours you spent preparing for these seminars? An hour seminar usually includes additional hour(s) of work behind the scenes. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 1 user