Few more days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockies4224

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Taking step 1 in a few days. Here are my scores:

NBME 19: 211 7 days ago
UWSA 1: 237 today

What are things that I should focus on before the test? I have a few hundred questions of uworld left and an Anki deck that I made with about 600 cards that ive been slowly going through.

Should I watch re watch some pathoma / board n beyond of the sections I am weak on? How do I know the sections I am weak on?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would focus on the sections you persistently scores lower on in both exams. If the scores are really low for those, do some fundamental review (I think boards would be better than pathoma for that). If the scores are close to average and you are just having problems answering questions, maybe do quick read through pathoma/first aid and do more questions.

Maybe download zanki and do the decks for the areas you're weak on.

You sound like me. Knowledge is there but a few slip ups. I focused on my approach to questions started reading them differently, last line first, thinking like the exam writers... my NBME 18 went from 217 (about 75%) to 240+ (90% on both nbme 19 and 17)

If you think it’s pure knowledge base of course review more - but I think you may be missing questions by not taking a moment to “figure out” what they’re getting at. If you look at your answers afterwards and thing “oh duh” I think you should try to hone your test taking skills.

Tell yourself there’s a reason why every other answer choice is wrong. Don’t be complacent - if you don’t know you don’t know but find the buzz word or angle.

I was inspired by someone else’s post - he wrote that these questions must pass a board of examiners and there must be one single right answer no buts.

So if it doesn’t fit, cross it out... go with the one that fits best. May sound obvious for you but after I started attacking the questions like that my score shot up. I didn’t even believe I was capable.

Now I’ve just gotta figure out how to relax and let go because my exam is in 2 days haha

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile