few post bach questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tranquility

:::SMILE!!:::
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
okay..i just found this forum...i still have to weed through all the threads..but from what i found so far, i have some questions:

1) from what people are saying..it seems these programs are for pre-med...what about Pre-PA? You don't necessarily have to take MCAT for PA (though ive always wondered how i'd do on it, and if I do well, well...it can't hurt!)
-is post-bach the way to go for pre-PA also? I got my associates in Medical technology and im about to graduate my BS in Public health. I am still missing some required sciences because the classes i took for med tech were really specific (hematology, chemistry, clinical micro, etc)
or should I pick up a second major before graduating?


2) i did see the sticky about the pros and cons of doing a program vs doing it on your own. Does it look worse to grad schools (or PA schools in my case) if i do the classes at a community school, simply due to financial reasons? I know that an A in a community school is not as highly regarded as an A in a university...but I *do* really need to pick up my GPA ...but not at the cost of them thinking I didn't get challenged enough....

Thanks! 🙂
 
there's a PA (clinician) forum here and an excellent PA forum called http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/index.php (which is down ATM oddly enough). from what i remember, doing your prereqs at a community college is fine for PA school. informal/unstructured post-baccs at 4 year colleges are also fine. you don't have to be premed for these "programs."