Few Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rprasad1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's everyone doin?

Just thought I'd shoot some questions to those that may have answers...

1) I'm a reapplicant for the '08 cycle and i'm wondering if i have to re send my OAT score to schools i've already applied to last term (don't wanna pay the 25$ fee unnecessarily), because i've only taken them once so there is no update since last term

2) Just graduated UMD, and I am taking a post-bacc course at UMD right now in Epidemiology, would anyone suggest that this should help? Based on what counselors told me, i'm thinking it should be good to stay academically involved to make up for my gpa

3) Would people suggest that I personally call each school once i know for sure my credentials, OAT scores, and other paper work is finally sent out (should be by this week, hopefully tomorrow)? or just wait till THEY give me the personal update on the status? I dont wanna be a pest and hound them and get on their bad side if it's not advised.

4) Lastly, is there any one out there that got accepted after taking a post-bacc course like me, that has any advice (ie - when they got accepted, when it's normal to hear for interviews, etc) -- because some counselors said that it's normal to hear back a bit later due to mid semester reports, and waiting till the class is over, but i'll probably be pulling my hair out by then tired of waiting)

any information would be amazing from anyone...sorry for the long post

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm new to this, but can give you some insight. I think that once they have your OAT scores you don't have to re-send them. I think they are suppose to be good for a few years. If I were you I would definitely contact each school and ask about your application. I have contacted the schools many times and they don't get annoyed or think you are pestering. Most schools are happy to help. I applied at the beginning of August and beginning of September (depending on the school) and have heard back from three of the five. It varies but most of the schools responded within a month or two of applying. Hope any of this helps!