Few Quick questions about applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr_Doc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. What exactly does the first part of the AACOM require to send in the application? Do i need to have my LOR's ready or is that for the secondary?

2. I looked up some schools and their requiements and it said i need 6 hours of English...I only have 3 thus far so can i still apply in the summer or do i need to finish all 6 (which means waiting another whole semster) till i apply?

3. Lastly, Western requires 6 hours of behavioral science....what courses are considered behavioral science? Is this required to apply? Has anyone gotten interviews without taking behavorial science courses?

thanks for the help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

1. What exactly does the first part of the AACOM require to send in the application? Do i need to have my LOR's ready or is that for the secondary?
AACOMAS is the primary application and you need your personal statement and current grades. LORs are sent directly to schools when the schools request them after receiving your primary application from AACOMAS. The secondary comes directly from the schools and usually the LOR requests is sent with it.

2. I looked up some schools and their requiements and it said i need 6 hours of English...I only have 3 thus far so can i still apply in the summer or do i need to finish all 6 (which means waiting another whole semster) till i apply?
you can still apply.your acceptance will be contingent on completing the requirements before matriculation.

3. Lastly, Western requires 6 hours of behavioral science....what courses are considered behavioral science? Is this required to apply? Has anyone gotten interviews without taking behavorial science courses?
see the FAQ on what is considered behav science. you could call Western for your last 2 questions.

Has anyone gotten interviews without taking behavorial science courses?

I took my last three hours of behavorial science Fall of 2006 semester, and I received an interview with Western U before they received my grades. I did however have all my other prereq's complete. Good luck to you!!