You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
FGCU Interview 2015 - 2016
Started by Repeatedbouteffect
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have a couple questions for you. Do you know around how many applicants are interviewed and what type of questions will be asked? Also, is it individual or group? Thanks!
I would love to answer all your questions, but I just got my invitation for 1/30. Once my interview is over I will post in detail of everything that is done.I have a couple questions for you. Do you know around how many applicants are interviewed and what type of questions will be asked? Also, is it individual or group? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,I have a couple questions for you. Do you know around how many applicants are interviewed and what type of questions will be asked? Also, is it individual or group? Thanks!
I just finished the interview and in total FGCU will be interviewing 96 applicants for 30 slots. It is an individual interview and it was approximately 30 minutes and two faculty members are going to ask you between 8 to 12 questions.
The type of questions include:
- Why do you want to be a physical therapist?
- Describe a good characteristic about yourself?
- Describe a bad characteristic that you are improving?
- What characteristic do you have that will help your patients as a physical therapist?
- When you were in a group what was your role, what challenges did you face with your other teammate and how did you resolve it?
- Describe what integrity is to you and how you apply it in school and work?
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Do you mind me asking what your stats were?Hello,
I just finished the interview and in total FGCU will be interviewing 96 applicants for 30 slots. It is an individual interview and it was approximately 30 minutes and two faculty members are going to ask you between 8 to 12 questions.
The type of questions include:
There were three more but I cannot remember them verbatim.
- Why do you want to be a physical therapist?
- Describe a good characteristic about yourself?
- Describe a bad characteristic that you are improving?
- What characteristic do you have that will help your patients as a physical therapist?
- When you were in a group what was your role, what challenges did you face with your other teammate and how did you resolve it?
- Describe what integrity is to you and how you apply it in school and work?
cGPA- 3.44, pGPA- 3.27 and upper division GPS- 3.85, GRE Q-152 V-147 AW-4, 400 volunteer hours. From what I heard FGCU looks mainly at upper division GPA, GRE and years of experience but I could be wrong.
Thank you! I have similar stats (minus the volunteer hours) and have yet to be invited to an interview so I was just wondering. Good luck!cGPA- 3.44, pGPA- 3.27 and upper division GPS- 3.85, GRE Q-152 V-147 AW-4, 400 volunteer hours. From what I heard FGCU looks mainly at upper division GPA, GRE and years of experience but I could be wrong.
I hope you get an interview, I don't know how many they do though.
I talked to admissions and she said after the last interview on 2/6 they will put all applicants on a spreadsheet and use a point system to determine the best applicants. She said this will take 1-4 weeks. Hopefully we hear this week though.Has anyone heard back about acceptance yet? I believe they said they were making decisions Monday and Tuesday (today), correct?
I talked to admissions and she said after the last interview on 2/6 they will put all applicants on a spreadsheet and use a point system to determine the best applicants. She said this will take 1-4 weeks. Hopefully we hear this week though.
Okay, thank you! Yes let's hope so.
Hello,For those that have been accepted, was it an "unofficial offer of admittance"? I just received mine this morning, and am curious as to why they do this. They said the follow up "official offer" will come later this week!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I have talked to admissions and she said they have not filled all 30 slots. Once all slots are filled then official emails get sent for wait list. I believe it is the same for acceptance.
Hello,
I have talked to admissions and she said they have not filled all 30 slots. Once all slots are filled then official emails get sent for wait list. I believe it is the same for acceptance.
That makes sense, she said I was originally on the wait list, and 9 people who originally got offered had not confirmed they were still interested. I assume they sent out acceptances to 9 other people this morning, will wait for those people to get back to them in order to fill the class of 30, then send out the official acceptances.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
My daughter interviewed at the end of February for the MOT program at FGCU.....so far no word....has anyone else heard??? they told her it would take 3-4 weeks before they made any decisions???
sorry this should be on the OT site, not your PT site! My bad!!!
sorry this should be on the OT site, not your PT site! My bad!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,My daughter interviewed at the end of February for the MOT program at FGCU.....so far no word....has anyone else heard??? they told her it would take 3-4 weeks before they made any decisions???
sorry this should be on the OT site, not your PT site! My bad!!!
Congrats that your daughter got an interview at FGCU for MOT. My suggestion for her to do, if she wants to, is send a follow up email or even call the MOT office in FGCU. I have reached the PT staff at FGCU and they were very helpful in answering all my questions and concerns after my interview.
Best of luck to your daughter
She is waitlisted....... uggghhhhHello,
Congrats that your daughter got an interview at FGCU for MOT. My suggestion for her to do, if she wants to, is send a follow up email or even call the MOT office in FGCU. I have reached the PT staff at FGCU and they were very helpful in answering all my questions and concerns after my interview.
Best of luck to your daughter