FHA loan buying duplex etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scoopdaboop

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi question,

So what's the consensus of a resident using a FHA loan to buy a duplex in residency, then live in 1, and rent out the other one to presumably make up for the monthly payment of your mortgage?
 
The caution usually comes with the responsibility of being a landlord while you're stressed with residency. If something goes wrong, do you have someone who can help call a plumber, electrician, whatever and make sure the problem is fixed? If not, I'd discourage it.
 
The caution usually comes with the responsibility of being a landlord while you're stressed with residency. If something goes wrong, do you have someone who can help call a plumber, electrician, whatever and make sure the problem is fixed? If not, I'd discourage it.

Yeah I read more and more about it... Doesn't seem like the best bet.