Fight the Good Fight?

Started by Vulgatus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vulgatus

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was wondering if anyone else has encountered a situation similar to mine and/or could give any advice. Currently, I'm being denied financial aid from my university because their policy states that the student "must maintain a 2.0 or higher" each semester to continue receiving financial aid. In my current program (Med Tech) we have an entire semester devoted to clinical rotations and we receive Pass/Fail grades only. Because I received all "Passing" grades and not a specific letter grade, they are using that as leverage to say I did not maintain a 2.0 average (although my program GPA is 4.0) thus disqualifying me for financial aid. I know, I know... clearly a university that cares about its students.

Anyway, the question is what can I do if anything? I'm heading to PA school in the fall and don't wish to burn any bridges but I know pursuing this matter will do just that. So should I just suck this one up and move on? Or fight the good fight?