Fighting the Turf Wars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rodamus prime

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just saw a post in the Radiology Forum about MSK procedures for MSK radiologists

QUOTED POST:
"Quick question. Do all MSK radiology fellowships teach spinal procedures? See the below link. One of my interests would be in running an MSK clinic/Radiology practice in the future. http://www.radiology.wisc.edu/divisi...onal/index.php"
END QUOTE


These Turf wars don't seem to end do they? hahah.. What can be done to stop fields from encroaching on each other?
 
Wow! I actually have heard of this recently also. I looked up a couple Interventional Pain books (well maybe just one) and was surprised to see it written by an Interventional Radiologists. Our everlasting hunger for $$$ is to blame..... but who can blame being hungry for $$$. The division of our respective fields seems to be diminishing when we specialize.
 
Make love, not war. I think it's a great opportunity to learn in an interdisciplinary nature. Imagine an MSK/pain practice with a physiatrist, neurologist, anesthesiologist, radiologist, orthopedist (they do these injections, as well), psychiatrist, physical therapist(s). Talk about a skill set for one practice to have! Hey it's an ideal, but still possible and we can all learn from each other rather than accusing each other from stealing procedures in a turf war, I think the profession would be much better off. That's just my take. 🙂