1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Figuring The GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by FrkyBgStok, Dec 9, 2005.

1. FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Alright. This semester i tranfered from a community college, worked at least 40 hours per week, and at the beginning my daughter was 2 months old. Needless to say I will be lucky to pull a 3.00 this semester. Got a rude awakening from the transfer as the university is much harder.

So this is my second degree. My first was an associates degree in automotive technology. I also took some other classes and it ends up being that my GPA after CC was 3.84 with 104 total credits however most of these are automotive and will not transfer to the university.

Will these classes be used to figure my total cummulative GPA even though they aren't really recognized by a four year degree. Also i took physics and math that were part of the auto program, not near the level i am taking now, but will these help my BCPM (or BCP for osteopathic).

Thanks for the input. I am planning on either applying next year after august MCAT or applying to DMU early decision in the beginning.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Canuck99

Canuck99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Your best bet will be to call AACOMAS or check their website. They will be the ones with the best answer.

4. jcr_massage

jcr_massage BodyworkSweety
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    That's a really good question and I am in a similar boat with an Associates of Applied Science in Massage Therapy which involved numerous Anatamoy, Massage and Biomechanics course that did not transfer to mu 4 year institution I am currently at because it was at a regionally accreddited school instead of a nationally accredited school. I was none too happy to find out that I had to take Anatomy and Biomechanics again, but it would really be awesome if they were figure in at the end since my gpa was a 3.9 there. At my current 4 year institution I had a 4.0 until this semester when I will most likely drop to a 3.9 due to getting a B+ in my Cardiac Dysrhythmias class. So if you find out let me know.

Blessings
    Bodywork sweety